All about latest SuccessFactors homepage (2H 2020)
SAP introduces the latest homepage in 2H 2020 release. It is available both on the web and SF mobile application.
It Includes :
- A welcome banner
- Quick Action section
- For You Today section
- Org Update section
As an admin you can:
- Import custom tile from legacy homepage and use as custom cards
- Create and add Qualtrics surveys
- Change the banner image
Enabling the Latest homepage
You can enable the latest homepage by navigating to Upgrade Center > Optional Upgrade > Latest Homepage Upgrade.
You have up to 30 days to Undo the upgrade in the Upgrade Center.
After the upgrade, employees who have permission to view this homepage will be able to see the latest homepage other employees will still see the legacy homepage.
You can give the permission by navigating to Administrator permission > Manage system properties > Manage the latest Homepage permission.
Roles with Manage the Latest Home Page permission can see the latest home page administration tool. Roles with both Manage the Latest Home Page and the previous Manage Home Page permission can see both versions of the tool and can toggle back and forth between them, using a link at the top of the page.
To begin with, you probably want to give the Access the Latest Home Page permission only to home page administrators or to a small group of testers. Later, when you’re ready to roll it out more widely, you can give access permission to a broader group.
Some functionality of the legacy home page isn’t available yet in the new experience. Before you enable the latest home page, be aware of the following limitations
- Workflow approval tasks aren’t shown.
- It doesn’t support usage with global assignments or concurrent employment.
- There’s no team view for managers.
- There isn’t any People Analytics content, including the existing Reports Tile and chart Tiles.
- Instance refresh doesn’t include cards in the For You Today section. When you refresh from Production to Preview/Test, the target instance doesn’t show the same cards that you see in Production. Cards are generated in your Preview/Test instance based on activity within that instance, by test users. The same limitation applies to both the self-service Instance Refresh tool and to manual refreshes completed by SAP SuccessFactors.
- Some custom tile configurations aren’t supported yet, so they can’t be converted to custom cards. At this time, we can’t convert custom tiles that use business rules or that have visibility based on the start date.
- It doesn’t reflect theme settings in custom themes.
- The latest Manage Home Page admin tool doesn’t include to-do settings or supplemental to-do items. You can still access these settings with the legacy admin tool
Some functionality of the legacy home page is removed from the latest home page by design
- Not all to-do tasks are necessarily shown on the home page.
- “Cards” replace “tiles” in the new design. Visually, cards vary in size, and cards of the same type can appear in a “stack.” Functionally, cards are more interactive and enable you to do more without leaving the page.
- Content is dynamic. The system determines when cards appear and disappear.
- Unlike the legacy home page, administrators can’t choose which cards appear on the home page (besides custom cards).
- Unlike legacy custom tiles, you can’t select the “type” of custom cards. There aren’t any “static” cards that display icons. All custom cards require an image instead.
- Home page tours aren’t supported because the content is dynamic and individualized.
- Home page cards may not be available for all versions of a feature. To get the most out of the home page, always use the latest version of a feature.
- Some modules, like Continuous Performance Management and Rewards and Recognition, use Intelligent Services events to trigger cards on the home page. Most customers have the Intelligent Services framework enabled by default, but if you don’t, consider enabling it to make sure you see cards from modules that use it.
Importing Custom Tiles from legacy Homepage.
Some custom tile configurations aren’t supported on the latest home page. If a custom can’t be imported due to unsupported configurations you can either remove the unsupported configuration and import them now or you can wait and rerun the import later if support is added. Custom cards on the latest home page don’t support the following configurations:
- Rule-based navigation.
- Assignment based on the start date.
- Invalid date ranges.
- Static tiles with icons. “Static” type custom tiles can be converted to custom cards but not longer display an icon. The icon is replaced by a default image. You can update the image after conversion.
Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Home Page > Choose Import Custom Tiles from Legacy Home Page. You’re notified that the import is in progress.