End of Support / End of Life for SAP BI Platform 4.1, Explorer, Dashboards – 31st Dec 2020
As we approach towards end of the year 2020, I would like to give you all a heads up about the upcoming End of life (EOL) / End of Support events on December 31st 2020 for SAP BI Platform 4.1, associated SAP Crystal versions, SAP BusinessObjects Explorer, SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards and SAP BusinessObjects widgets.
SAP BI Platform 4.1 EOL
As you may already know, SAP BI Platform 4.1 is fast approaching End of support / End of life (EOL). This information can be also seen from the product PAM page as seen in the image below –
Due to this, the following products will be going End of Life (EOL) by the end of 2020
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Information Platform Services 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1
- Crystal Server 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
More information is also available in SAP Note 2978152 – SAP BI Platform 4.1 End of Support – 31st Dec 2020 (requires access to support portal)
Other upcoming EOLs – Explorer, Dashboards & Widgets
In addition to the above, I would also like to remind everyone of another impending EOL event so that you are better prepared. Due to Adobe Flash EOL by end of 2020, the following products which are dependent on this technology will be sunset.
Note: All SAP Note links require access to support portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer – refer to SAP Note 2679783.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards – refer to SAP Note 2579982.
- SAP BusinessObjects Widgets – refer to SAP Note 2729987.
Note: This impacts ALL Versions of the above said products including 4.1 and 4.2. Please refer to this blog for more information on this and the replacement solutions.
What if i am still using SAP BI Platform 4.1 or Explorer or dashboards ?
- From 1st January 2021, there will be no maintenance or support for these products namely SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1, associated product versions, SAP BusinessObjects Explorer, SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards and SAP BusinessObjects Widgets.
- For these products, you cannot log any Support Incidents, Expert Chat or Schedule an Expert Sessions after this date.
- The SAP Support Portal can still be used to find documented solutions to known questions and problems in SAP Knowledge Base Articles or SAP Notes.
- SAP Community can still be used to ask questions.
I hope that this blog post will serve as a friendly reminder about the upcoming EOL events so that you do prepare and plan to transition from these versions and solutions.