Business Integration for the Decade of Action: Transforming Sustainability Management
The guides are now completed and were recently launched at the opening of this year’s historic 75th session of the UN General Assembly. We also welcomed 3M also into this strategic partnership and together, we will support the roll-out and implementation of the guides around the world:
- SDG Ambition: Scaling Business Impact for the Decade of Action aims to guide companies to deepen integration of the SDGs and 10 UNGC Principles into business strategy, operations, and stakeholder engagement.
- Ambition Guide: Setting Goals for the Decade of Action establishes the initial set of SDG Ambition benchmarks that challenge organizations to set more ambitious goals and targets in the areas in which business is positioned to have a substantial impact.
- Integration Guide: Designing Business Systems for the SDGs presents the approach through which the 10 SDG Ambition benchmarks can be integrated into core business processes and systems to enable effective measurement and management of sustainability performance.
Our SAP Intelligent Enterprise is fast, flexible and adapted to a new business environment in which our customer operate, but it also recognizes the importance of transparency, sustainability and purpose to consumers, employees and investors. We know that our customers have an impact beyond their own operations, and hence, driving economic, social and environmental change in a holistic manner is a key priority for us.
- Enterprises rely on technological solutions to track and manage CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions across the entire value chain, from sourcing materials through manufacturing to final distribution. With Climate 21, we are supporting our customers use this data to gain better insights, allowing them to consolidate, analyze and manage the carbon footprint of their individual products and services more effectively.
- SAP Global Track and Trace integrate improvements across the supply chain and with GreenToken, we support companies with achieving transparency in their complex raw material supply chain, where they can accurately report on origin, sustainable or ethical facts, even if the raw materials are mixed or blended, allowing them to meet their procurement goals.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM suite enables a business beyond bias by providing tools to identify and reduce unconscious bias where it occurs, creating change not just in how they see and understand diversity, but also in how they make decisions that cultivate a diverse and inclusive workforce. SAP Pay Equity counters unconscious bias in compensation, provides valuable insight to reward and compensation practices.
But these are just few of the examples, of how SAP is already supporting our customers to run more responsibly. Last week, we released SAP S/4HANA 2020 and with further improved automation, insights and industry innovations, we can go far beyond just reaching our digitization goals, managing our industrial waste better, reducing the amount of water usage and better recognition and management of hazardous waste across the operations. We want to support our customers to do better business, going far beyond providing data to track carbon – it is about supporting them with sustainable and ethical production and delivery along the entire value and supply chain. Use the SDG Ambition Benchmark Reference Sheets to understand how each of the SDG Business Benchmarks can be integrated into a company’s business systems, as well as the key design decision required to engage technology partners.
For further information, on SAP and Accenture partnership on this journey to support our customer’s sustainability vision, check out the previous recordings from our SAP Purpose Live Network.
- Learn how business leaders can refresh strategies and set goals sufficiently ambitious to deliver the SDGs by 2030
- Gain insights on identifying system opportunities to integrate the SDGs into core business processes
- Hear best practice examples for integrating sustainability and social responsibility into a company’s business systems as well as key design decisions.
- UN Press Release : UN Global Compact in partnership with Accenture and SAP, and with 3M as Patron Sponsor, launch SDG Ambition Guidance to accelerate business action to achieve the SDGs [SAP New Center Link]
- SDG Ambition Documents and Reference Sheets: Link to Download on UN Global Compact Website
- SDG Ambition – Global Impact Through Local Implementation, with Christian Klein (CEO, SAP); Julie Sweet (CEO, Accenture); Michael Roman (CEO, 3M) and Sanda Ojiambo (CEO and Executive Director, UN Global Compact): Session on You Tube