All About Password Related issues in SAP Cloud for Customer(C4C) and SAP Business ByDesign(BYD)
In SAP Cloud for Customer(C4C) & SAP Business ByDeisgn(BYD), we have list of users and sometimes they face issues of not able to access the C4C & BYD test and production tenants for various reasons like Business/End Users will be locked, when the user has left the company & manually locked by the Administrator/Key user. OR The validity of the user is expired, hence the system will automatically lock the user OR , Multiple logon attempts, Forgot password.
To fix this issue we have below some scenarios which will guide you on how to get issue to be fixed and these are more generic issues.
Scenario 1: Key User Request to Resend the Initial User ID credentials(Initial User ID & Password).
- Forgot Password functionality will not work for Initial User ID.
- Initial User ID and Password will only be reset and resent by SAP Only via Incident.
- Customer/Partner has to create incident to SAP Product Support with the below details:
IT contact maintained in the system/contract (Optional):
- We will validate and send the Initial Credentials to the maintained IT Contacts in Service Control Center work center.
Note: Initial User Password is only valid for 30 days. Initial user gets locked after 30 days.
Scenario 2: Admin/Key User/Business User Password Lock.
- Key Users can Lock & Unlock password from their end for the other Admin/Key user from their end.
Follow the below steps to unlock password of the user:
- Go to Administration/Application and User Management work center.
- Select view User and Access Management and sub-view Business Users.
Select the User and click on Unlock User (If the password is locked, unlock button will be enabled, if not Unlock button will be greyed out).
Once the password lock has been removed, you can then inform the user to log in with the same credentials which he/she normally uses to login to the system.
NOTE: A Key User is a user who have access to the Application User and Management work center and incidents View are called key user.
Scenario 3: Admin/Key User password reset for another Admin/Key/Business user Password.
- Key users can perform the following steps to reset the password of the Admin/Key/Business user.
Go to Application and User Management work center.
Select view User and Access Management and sub-view Business Users
Select the User and click on Edit Attributes
Click on Actions & Click on Generate Password
Click on Save
Email will be sent to the Email ID maintained for that user, with the new password
Go to login page input the User ID and Password which you have received in the Email
Continue to use the system
Scenario 4: Customer/Partner Request SAP to Reset the password for the Business User.
Kindly ask the End user to get in touch with the Key user to get the password reset. OR they can use the forgot password functionality to reset the password from themselves.
Note: SAP will never reset password for End/Business User Password.
Scenario 5: Admin/Key/Business User can Reset their own password with the standard functionality.
- Users has to use the self-service “Forgot Password” functionality in the login page/screen.To reset password with the forgot password functionality please follow the below steps:
- Go to login page of the tenant
- Input your user ID and click on Forgot Password
- A new pop up screen will prompt asking you to enter Email ID
- Input Email ID and click on Submit
- You will receive an Email with the passcode
- Input the passcode and click on submit.
- Password will be displayed in the new pop up window
- Login again with the new password and reset accordingly
Note: If the Forgot Functionality is not working request you to create incident to SAP Product Support team so that concerned team will assist you on this issue.
Further you can refer the below links: