What’s new in SAP Crystal Solutions 2020
In August 2020, SAP has released SAP Crystal Solutions 2020, the latest iteration of the SAP Crystal Solutions product family, that now enters its fourth decade in the Business Intelligence space.
The solution continues to consists of 4 different products that can be acquired individually:
* SAP Crystal Reports 2020 and SAP Crystal Reports 2020 Upgrade version,
* SAP Crystal Server 2020 (1 NUL),
* SAP Crystal Server 2020 (5 CAL).
You can use our configuration tool to learn more about them and to buy them digitally on SAP Store.
Today, I would like to share with you eight new capabilities that have been made available with SAP Crystal Solutions 2020.
1. Native 64Bit application:
=> The native 64-bit capability allows you to run the latest version of Windows and benefit from the latest security improvements.
2. 64bit data connectors and 64bit Data Direct ODBC drivers:
=> Leverage greater data processing for faster performing reports.
3. Freeze panel in DHTML viewer:
=> This feature has been requested for quite some time to ensure better visibility of your report details.
4. Page based XLSX exporting:
=> Maintain the report’s layout with a new export to XLSX format
5. 64bit Geomap engine:
=> Maps are leveraged more often then ever in pixel-perfect reports and in dashboards. With our 64bit Geomap engine, you will be able to design more attractive and more readable documents.
6. Renewed publication in BI Launchpad:
=> Manage the setup and distribution of reports with an updated interface in Crystal Server 2020
7. Renewed scheduling in BI Launchpad:
=> The updated interface is easier to manage scheduling of reports
8. SAP Crystal Reports 2020 as a data source for SAP Analytics Cloud for Business Intelligence:
=> This capability will allow you to leverage SAP Crystal Reports 2020 as a data source in SAP Analytics Cloud for Business Intelligence. For more details you can also read our blogpost at: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/06/16/5-steps-to-take-the-advantage-of-using-crystal-reports-as-a-data-source-in-sap-analytics-cloud/
If you want to test the new releases for yourself or see if reports created in older versions continue to display correctly, you can download our free trial versions:
* SAP Crystal Reports 2020 (30 days trial): https://www.sap.com/cmp/td/sap-crystal-reports-trial.html
* SAP Crystal Server 2020 (60 days trial) : https://www.sap.com/cmp/td/sap-crystal-server-trial.html
Few improvements for a jump from Crystal Reports 2016 to 2020, 4 years doing just that?
Several improvements that could be made to help SAP users never appear, and are "simple" improvements
Something that we need to exist in other report generators (such as FastReports).
- Native QR Code
- Native Barcode
- Get windows user function native
- Get SAP User native function
- more graphics to improve
We expect 2023 or 2024 to improve much more.
Thanks for the feedback!
These are just enhancements in CR2020 GA itself. For other enhancements in previous and subsequent support packages, please check SAP Crystal Reports What's New | SAP Help Portal.
Native QR code support is already on the radar.
Could you please help us understand your requests about "Get windows user function native" and "Get SAP User native function"? Please post an idea with details (and tag #crystal reports), on SAP Influence site: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/891