SAP S/4HANA 2020 is finally here! As unique as this year, the sixth release in a row of SAP’s digital core comes with a brand-new naming convention and is ready to take over the on-premise market. Despite all the challenges this year has brought to all of us, we have worked very hard to keep the promise of this new release. Many of you have certainly read Sven Denecken’s launch blog on SAP S/4 HANA 2020. I would like to add to it and share my perspective on our greatest highlights in this release.
Watch me walk you through the main innovations in each Line of Business in my video below.
SAP S/4HANA is designed to be the digital core of the intelligent enterprise and comes as an innovative, robust, and scalable core ERP. The intelligent ERP is defined by three principles and provides a hands-free ERP wherever possible:
- A digital-age user experience: with the new Fiori 3 theme “Quartz” and “Conversational Design”,
- Next-generation processes: we are rethinking the way business gets done though the smart junction of technology and innovation,
- And automation: we are leveraging machine learning capabilities and robotic process automation in the standard ERP processes.
intelligent ERP scenarios can be found in every Line of Business. SAP S/4HANA 2020 brings innovation to all of them:
- Finance, with improvements in Treasury Management and Financial Accounting, as well as the introduction of Revenue Accounting & Reporting to support a simpler and more streamlined process. Find out all about these innovations and more in Ulrich Hauke’s blog post.
- Sales, where we introduce Intelligent Product and Quantity Proposals as part of the improvements made for Order and Contract Management, and enhance the overall Billing process with never-before-seen preliminary billing documents to increase customer satisfaction.
SAP S/4HANA 2020, new SAP Fiori app in Sales
- Service Management, where we meet customers’ increasing expectations by delivering new apps for a streamlined In-House Repair process and facilitating regular maintenance with the ability to schedule and organize periodic services.
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain, with extended SAP Fiori apps for Predictive Material and Resource Planning and the Integration and TCO reduction on one side, and a never-before-seen delivery of extended Service Parts Planning and an advanced Available-to-Promise check method on the other.
- Transportation Management, with new interfaces for External Transportation Planning required for the exchange of transportation demand and consolidated load from the carrier.
- Logistics, where we have enhanced Extended Warehouse Management with a new pre-allocated stock process and a whole set of new SAP Fiori apps.
- Inventory Management, where we offer a new situation template for an increased automation and efficiency in Modern Driven Automation.
- R&D/Engineering, with the continuous improvement in Quality Management through standardized problem-solving functionalities.
- Product Compliance, where we deliver new content-based compliance requirements in Dangerous Goods Management.
- Sourcing & Procurement, with Individual Supplier Evaluation to measure the performance of their suppliers and the Lean Service Integration into SAP Ariba to reduce transactional costs and manual effort for our customers.
- Last but not least, Enterprise Risk & Compliance, where we now offer the SAP Watch List Screening application to ensure compliance within International Trade Management.
Additionally, you will find key innovations in the following industries:
- Consumer Products, with the new Last Mile Distribution for Direct Distribution application, which is designed for manufacturers and suppliers of different consumer goods industries.
- Utilities, where the new Utilities Sales Contract Management feature enables you to see an overview with all relevant details and therefore facilitates processes in Sales Management for Energy and Water.
- Retail, with new Click-and-Collect scenarios boosting efficiency in Merchandise and Inventory and the new Store Merchandizing Cockpit improving your operational efficiency.
- Insurance, where we provide the Customer 360 app which helps you retrieve 360-degree information on insurance customers as part of Policy Processing.
SAP S/4HANA 2020, new SAP Fiori app in Retail
This blog and video have given you a detailed overview about the highlights of SAP S/4HANA 2020, now it’s your time to go to the next level of information to smoothen your transition to SAP S/4HANA, the digital core of the intelligent ERP.
Where to find out more about SAP S/4HANA 2020:
- SAP S/4HANA release info: http://www.sap.com/s4hana
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Understanding the value of the digital journey here
- Check out: http://sap.com/jointhemovement
- Join the SAP S/4HANA Community: https://community.sap.com/topics/s4hana-cloud
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA
Follow me via @ypeterschmitt