Enforcing Cyber Security With SAP Enterprise Threat Detection
One of the most concerning issues that the world is battling with, apart from global warming, is the rise of cybercrimes. Not a single person or entity in the present world is safe from cyber miscreants who always manage to find ways to create havoc. In the past few years, the number of cybercrimes seems to have broken records when it targeted giant corporations like Facebook. According to reports, by the year 2021, companies all around the world are likely to incur a loss of 6 trillion USD. (Source)
Experts assert that cybercrime is bound to happen if there are discrepancies in a business’s security and threat detection system. They feel that cyberattacks that will mostly occur during the recent times will range from Ransomware Attacks, Social Engineering Attacks, and IoT-Based Attacks to Internal Threats, and State-sponsored Attacks.
While we resort to using an advanced password generator to safeguard our virtual assets, when we talk of enterprises, the scale and dimensions magnify exponentially. To safeguard enterprise applications, installing software like SAP Enterprise Threat Detection can be of great help.
Let us find out more about SAP Enterprise Threat Detection here today.
What is SAP Enterprise Threat Detection?
SAP has designed a native SAP HANA based application to protect systems against cyber-attacks. Businesses with integrated SAP environments would be able to enhance the security of their critical data with the help of this application. This comprises of the real-time qualities of SAP HANA and the complex event processing feature of SAP ESP. As a result, the software comprises of powerful functionalities of processing and analyzing security-relevant data.
The SAP Enterprise Threat Detection application is formulated in a way to alert the security administrators regarding the security activities happening within the SAP and non-SAP system by analyzing the log files. Security analysts will now have better knowledge about their SAP business environment. This will help them stop ransomware attacks from disrupting their enterprise landscape.
Key features of SAP Enterprise Threat Detection
The salient features of the SAP Enterprise Threat Detection tool are:
- Log analysis
- Scrolling through a vast amount of log files to find correlations so to identify the entire business landscape.
- To identify the nature of previous attacks, it conducts forensic analysis of threat detections.
- Customizing the process of integration of infrastructure components of the business and its non-SAP systems, according to the requirements.
- Sending the log files to an exclusive kernel API to strengthen the security mechanisms.
- Automatic threat detection
- By applying attack detection patterns, the tool can detect SAP-specific threats and data breaches.
- Designing attack detection patterns without using programming codes.
- Performing attack investigation sessions on the general alerts received, followed by publishing the same alerts to facilitate the integration between external processes and the solutions of this application.
- Users can also get special authorization and pseudonymization if signs of data misuse are reported.
- Integration of SAP and non-SAP business processes
- The tool will be able to detect threats in the application server as well as the database levels to avoid the threat from taking a severe form.
- After resolving the errors, the tool will efficiently integrate the SAP solutions across your entire interconnected system.
How does SAP Enterprise Threat Detection work?
Once the SAP Enterprise Threat detection is successfully integrated into your enterprise’s system, it will work by:
- Analyze – The first step is to scan the log files of the enterprise and to look for correlations between the log files and to suggest ways for the enrichment of the log files.
- Evaluate – Once the results are out, the application will assess the results to look for attack detection patterns, and accordingly, it will send alerts in real-time.
- Investigate – To find the root cause of such threats, it will conduct forensic analysis of new and existing attack detection patterns.
- Integrate – The last step is to integrate the SAP and non-SAP log data, to remove all the gaps in the threat detection system.
How does it help?
So it works by nullifying the cybersecurity attacks with real-time SIEM intelligence. SIEM is Security Intelligence and Management tool that makes the most of real-time intelligence for safeguarding the data. Furthermore, it helps in the effective management of the processes of the enterprises by handling the external and internal cybersecurity threats.
Here are some of the features of the SIEM intelligence:
- The tool can be deployed throughout the entire system.
- On-premise deployment that brings forth enhanced security.
- Security activities will be analyzed and processed in huge batches.
- The functionalities will be configured beforehand to ensure unhindered access.
SAP realizes that no business is completely safe from threats alerts and thus it has designed this solution to help you prevent the attack from damaging your business processes. Automated real-time alerts will be sent to stop the attack from happening in the first place. You can either configure these real-time alerts or customize it according to your business requirements.
Key benefits of SAP Enterprise Threat Detection
Some of the prime benefits every enterprise will experience after incorporating the SAP Enterprise Threat Detection tool are:
- Enhanced security – The cybersecurity threat environment of your business is continuously changing. To keep in sync with it, the tool offers flexible monitoring, detection, and response functionalities.
- Detection of suspicious activities – Once the tool will start analyzing the log files of the enterprise, it will look for signs of anomaly and threat patterns. All these will be done in real-time with the assistance of SAP HANA to safeguard your data vulnerabilities from data breaches and threats.
- Neutralization of threats – After identification of potential threats, the software takes initiatives in nullifying the threats, also in real-time. By doing this, it is, in turn, safeguarding your business-critical data to prevent damages to your business.
Once you have got the much-needed assurance that your business processes are safe and secure, you can invest your energy and time in other business processes. So, concentrate on your business relationships and in the meantime, SAP will ensure data security both in data centers as well as cloud systems.
Is it a separate component with a license? If so, do you know the price aprox and if the license is per user?
Thanks in advance...