We’re delighted to announce the general availability of SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00.
With SAP CC 2020, we continue our UX renovation to provide a best-in-class, consistent, and modern user experience to our customers through the adoption of the SAP Fiori user experience design. We especially now delivered the long-awaited ability for pricing specialists to quickly configure basic rate plans including usage and recurring charges with a top-down approach.
This blog provides you with the latest and greatest SAP CC 2020 FPS 00 highlights of our pricing and charging platform, part of the SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management (BRIM) suite.
Faster and more intuitive management of rate plans with a new SAP Fiori app for pricing specialists
With SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00, a new Fiori app – Manage Rate Plans – is available in the SAP Convergent Charging Cockpit. It allows pricing specialists to search, view, create, edit, and delete rate plans and their associated pricing configuration such as parameters, usage and recurring charges, charged items and other elements.
MANAGE RATE PLANS
Rate plans (formerly known as charge plans) are now configured using a more user friendly and intuitive interface.
The new app allows users to create, configure and manage rate plans and dependent elements including parameters, usage and recurring charges, and related pricing trees.
Managing the lifecycle your rate plan has also never been easier, thanks to new dedicated global actions. With global actions, you can edit, copy, and delete rate plans, and manage their lifecycles (release or retire), depending on the status of your rate plan.
Like in the Core Tool, you can also configure your pricing logic using a visual representation of your pricing algorithm, called a Pricing Tree.
You can quickly add, remove and configure pricing components, configuring your pricing tree to execute some pricing logic.
As you add and configure these components, contextual labels are generated for you on the fly, leaving you free to focus on more productive tasks.
New notification tools in the pricing tree configuration tool alerts the user to configuration errors and their specific location. You can click on a link to take you to the configuration problem, and you are provided recommendations on how to quickly resolve the issue.
MANAGING CHARGED ITEM DEFINITIONS
The Charged Items Definitions Tool has also been improved with new configuration tools that speed up configuration for defining and creating Charged Items.
New contextual search tools allow you to quickly search for the fields you want to define. As you redefine your output values, you can use generated properties, parameters or constant/default values.
In addition to the features mentioned above, SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00 also introduces several key enhancements:
- Streamlined workflow for creating and managing Rate Plans, simplifying and speeding up the process from start to finish.
- Simplified Terminology of business-related objects aligned with typical terminology.
- Persisted changes ensuring your work is saved on the fly, and you can pick up wherever you left off.
- Backwards compatible with the SAP Convergent Charging Core Tool, so you can continue to extend your pricing trees with more advanced features available in the Core Tool.
- Operation logging for manual triggering of usage charges through the Process a Chargeable Item Fiori app
- And more!
SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00 has been released to customers on October 7th, 2020 and is available on the SAP Software Download Center.
For more information on SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00, check out the following links:
- What’s New in SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00
- Release Information Note (RIN) for SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 00
- Product Page on SAP Help Portal
- Questions and Answers for SAP Convergent Charging in SAP Community