IoT in Morocco: Weaving automation across SAP Business One® with RFID Technology
Pioneers in hand-crafted carpets for individuals, luxury hotels and large companies, ARTCO, worked
with MERIT to seamlessly implement SAP Business One and automate all business processes. Now
ARTCO are fully asserted in Morocco, and abroad, with its authenticity, creativity and uniqueness.
A bit of history Before SAP: Challenges
• ARTCO was unable to synchronize different business management modules within the company,
resulting in wasted time.
• Manual management caused errors across clocking, deliveries and inventory.
• New software was required that was responsive and able to adapt to ever-increasing demands.
The solution was the Digital Core:
• SAP Business One could coordinate all of ARTCO activities by ensuring information flowed
seamlessly between departments.
• SAP Business One enabled real-time tracking of sales orders from production to delivery.
• MERIT had a great understanding of SAP, and proposed an innovative solution based on IoT, which
they could integrate into SAP Business One.
The Intelligent Enterprise concept:
ARTCO is selling luxury and high priced carpets hence the need to keep track of every single item to ensure they are not stolen at any moment of their life cycle within ARTCO premises. For this, ARTCO decided to plug an RFID tag to every single item from the moment it is produced.
MERIT the SAP implementation partner built the integration between the RFID system and SAP Business One in order to manage such scenarios:
When carpets are sold to a customer (hotel, restaurant, company or individual), it is scanned thru the RFID reader and the info is sent in real-time to SAP Business One. The item details are populated in the delivery note document and the related serial Numbers sent to a list of items authorized to leave the store. If an item leaving the store is not in the list, an alarm is triggered at the gate level:
A similar behaviour has been implemented to manage the carpets internally at ARTCO warehouses, a good example here is stock transfers:
Another relevant scenario Which has Nothing to do with security but very impactful in terms of time saving and productivity is the use of the RIFD technology to automate and accelerate carpets stock taking:
Snippet from the technical architecture:
Today ARTCO is an Intelligent Enterprise:
• Since the intelligent technology implementation, productivity has been maximized thanks to the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) of carpets.
• ARTCO now has complete automation of delivery notes, stock transfers and stock taking.
• Data entry errors and issues have been minimized thanks to the gates within SAP Business One.
• The ARTCO team can now respond faster to orders and customer enquiries, improving customer satisfaction significantly!
Comments, questions? please let us know!