SAP Profitability and Performance Management: What to expect in 3.0 SP11?
The SAP Profitability and Performance Management (PaPM) 3.0 released Support Package 11 just one month after Support Package 10 to provide additional Q3 2020 enhancements to its customers. The scope focused more on Visual Modeler, Machine Learning and sample content enhancements, plus in this SP the development team did not waste an opportunity to introduce 2 new Sample Contents.
Since SP11 has been released already on September 24, 2020, details about the scope i listed above can already be found in the official site: What’s new section – SP11 Support Package section under PaPM’s Help Portal
Even so this is the case, allow me to highlight even more these items by giving additional information.
- Machine Learning
A new rule type Recommendation is now added in Machine Learning function. It creates a model which allows you to perform predictions using the desired input dataset and specifically, to derive recommendations by exploring categorical data.
Upon successful activation and execution, the yellow fields or fixed values assigned by modelers are then being used by the APL Recommendation Engine for prediction which in the end throws back result to the green fields.
Hint: SInce yellow is input, and green is output — do not make your yellow fields the same as with your green fields to avoid runtime error.
To know more how the APL Recommendation works, I can suggest this APL Recommendation video prepared by SAP HANA Academy.
Environment Screen (Read-only)
- Navigate to Reports section is now possible from Environment List Screen
Modeling Screen (Read-Only)
- Search support in modeling screen has been extended from function type search to also now search and point to specific nodes and functions configured in the environment.
Report Management Screen (Editable)
- Texts and sizes to better represent Activities in Palette section has been improved
- During report creation helpful features has been enhanced such as:
- New buttons get introduced to perform undo, redo, text to link, highlight text
- Area chart’s measure adjustment via drag and drop is now more precise with new value assignment
- Keyboard shortcuts can now be used like cut (CTRL + X), copy (CTRL + C), paste (CTRL + V)
- Under properties panel enhancements were performed for easier configuration experience such as:
- Expanding of fields in the properties panel has been improved. Expanding can now be performed by choosing the expand button or by choosing the field description.
- Code editor intelli-sense (code completion aid) feature is now available
The sample content documents provide ideas and best practices about how to model the system regarding specific topics and industries.
The following new standalone sample content is available in SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0 SP11:
It has been developed to present end-to-end the process of cost calculation using various SAP PaPM functions, as well to complete the process of the calculated results on GL accounts, both for cross company and cross system in SAP ERP and SAP S/4 Hana, using standard SAP BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST for simple FI-GL postings as well as for Account Receivables and Account Payables.
|Financing and Investment Sustainability Management
It covers an example of ESG and credit investing method which calculates ESG and credit scores of companies and instruments, and reweights the portfolios based on scores and benchmark criteria. As enterprises and investors are giving more concerns towards climate change, GHG emission and sustainable development with ESG factors could determine the quality of traditional investment strategies and assists on making responsible investment decisions not only for profits but also for taking care of our world and the future of next generations.
Updated versions of the following standalone sample content are available:
|Value Chain Sustainability Management||SXC||10|
|Agile Plan and Forecast Modeling||SXF||9|
|IT Cost Management||SXI||9|
|Liquidity Management powered by Process Mining||SXL||2|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Accounts Payable||SXM||AP04|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Accounts Receivable||SXM||AR04|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Claim Management||SXM||CM03|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Order to Cash||SXM||OC04|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Purchase to Pay||SXM||PP04|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Production Planning||SXM||PR04|
|Process Mining on S/4 HANA – Warehouse Management||SXM||WM04|
|Profitability and Cost Management||SXP||11|
|PCM to PaPM Activity Based Costing||SXR||2|
|Simple Cost Allocation Management||SXS||4|
|Tax Calculation and Reporting||SXT||4|
This is the end of my blog post. I hope to have informed you well on what SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0 is offering in Support Package 11.
Thank you for taking your time to read this post and happy patching!