SAP has just launched the new product SAP Digital Vehicle Hub.
In this blog post we present the key features and capabilities of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub 1.0 and introduce a series of blog posts with deep dive sessions on various topics around SAP Digital Vehicle Hub.
The SAP Digital Vehicle Hub is an integral part of the future SAP Automotive Industry Cloud, representing the central vehicle repository along the automotive value chain, based on SAP Cloud Platform. It manages all types of vehicle related data, such as master data, transactional data and usage data.
The SAP Digital Vehicle Hub is powered by the SAP Asset Intelligence Network, which enables sharing concepts for vehicle data between players in the automotive value chain e.g. OEMs, distributors, dealers or 3rd party service providers.
SAP Digital Vehicle Hub addresses the business challenge that currently process and information silos (systems) around the vehicle are disconnected and not automated within the value chain. The various stakeholders have relied on the model of “request / receive” which is no longer efficient. Large amounts of data need to be continuously exchanged with OEMs, automotive suppliers, dealers, service providers, and end customers.
Therefore, the SAP Digital Vehicle Hub enables the creation of a digital twin of each vehicle and provides 360-degree view on the entire vehicle lifecycle.
SAP Digital Vehicle Hub is the central repository for all vehicles and vehicle related information:
In addition, SAP Digital Vehicle Hub includes the following features:
- Search and analyze the entire vehicle fleet (Fiori apps to search and view vehicles based on UI5 standard)
- REST APIs to create, update, search and read vehicles for external consumption
- Ready-to-use through pre-delivered content for vehicle modelling with custom extension capabilities
- Easy adaptation to company specifics via customizable vehicle attributes and attachment of unstructured data, such as signed lease agreements or certificates
- Role-based access allows to control who is accessing which vehicle objects and data fields
- APIs are secured via the OAuth 2.0 authorization framework of SAP Cloud Platform UAA service supporting both client access and user access
- Using SAP Enterprise Messaging for event driven communication
- Capability to integrate with SAP Analytics Cloud to enable reporting on the vehicle fleet
Another key feature of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub is the ability of sharing vehicles and vehicle information. With SAP Digital Vehicle Hub it is possible to share with your business partners vehicle related data within the network.
The sharing concept of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub allows to specify what vehicles and what kind of information (e.g. only maintenance information) will be shared with business partners. This enables the creation of a digital automotive ecosystem based on SAP Digital Vehicle Hub.
Key Integration Capabilities
SAP Digital Vehicle Hub provides an out-of-the box integration from SAP S/4HANA SAP Vehicle Management System (VMS) enabling customers to easily upload and transfer vehicle data from the SAP Vehicle Management System into SAP Digital Vehicle Hub. This includes:
- Transfer vehicle object with configuration
- Transfer transactional data (sales order, purchase order, incoming and outgoing invoices)
- Transfer vehicle status and location
- Configuration in SAP S/4HANA for mapping of material, classification, characteristics and VLCVEHICLE to corresponding SAP Digital Vehicle Hub data objects
- Data transfer via standard CPI iFlow
The system prerequisites for the VMS integration are as follows:
- SAP S/4HANA on-premise 2020 system or higher.
- You have implemented the following SAP Notes: 2949130, 2958457, 2957704
From a system landscape perspective, the SAP Digital Vehicle Hub is the central repository for vehicle related information coming either from SAP S/4HANA VMS via CPI or from external systems via the provided APIs. In addition, SAP Enterprise Messaging can be used to capture changes in SAP Digital Vehicle Hub for further processing in other applications.
Product homepage: SAP Digital Vehicle Hub.
SAP Help Portal: https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_DIGITAL_VEHICLE_HUB
Blog series from SAP Automotive Industry Business Unit: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/02/automotive-industry-trends-the-digital-twin-of-the-vehicle-part-1/
Community homepage (IAM): https://community.sap.com/topics/intelligent-asset-management
In the following blog series, we would like to provide deep-dive sessions for customers and consultants that are implementing SAP Digital Vehicle Hub.
Throughout the blog series we will create a vehicle in SAP Digital Vehicle Hub and explain the necessary steps. As an example we will us the Rinspeed MetroSnap model which is a concept-car designed as a modular vehicle system for innovative mobility solutions.
The following topics are planned on a weekly basis until end of November:
- Introduction to SAP Digital Vehicle Hub (this blog)
- Data Model of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub
- Create and Update vehicles using APIs
- Integration of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub with SAP Vehicle Management System
- Integration of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub and SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Digital Vehicle Hub and SAP Cloud Platform Enterprise Messaging
- CX use cases and architecture
There will probably be more blog articles published on SAP Digital Vehicle Hub than those listed here. Therefore, please check regularly for updates and subscribe to this blog post!
A big thank you goes to our colleagues from SAP Digital Vehicle Hub, who are giving us great support for this blog series: Karin Rombach (Product Manager), Rochak Agarwal, (Product Owner), Adarsh Harindra Nath (Architect) and Sebastian Scharfenberger (Solution Manager)