SAP SuccessFactors Instance Refresh is a common practice among customers to copy their data and configuration from Source instances to Target instances.
What is the current status of Instance Refresh support with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics (till 2011 release) ?
There were limitations during 2005 release with regards to instance refresh process for SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics and hence customer recommendations were documented in the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 2937356 for various scenarios & combinations of instance refreshes. So any customer planning to perform instance refresh on SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instance should look at the recommendations & process outlined in the mentioned SAP Knowledge Base Article along with before & after steps that needs to be performed.
Will instance refresh process be supported with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics in 2011 release?
- Instance refresh process will be supported with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics so customers can carry their usual instance refresh activity on their SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instances.
- With 2011 release of SAP SuccessFactors, customers will be able to use Instance Refresh process on SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instanced.
- This will not break the SuccessFactors People Analytics anymore.
- Please find general information form SAP SuccessFactors on manual instance refresh process here – “Manual Refresh” and on automated instance refresh process here – . “Automatic Refresh (Instance Refresh Tool)”
What are the additional steps Customers need to take in case of manual instance refresh?
- As a standard process of manual instance refresh, all the integration configurations also gets copied over from Source system to Target system (Refer SAP Knowledge Base Article: 2817861).
- However for SuccessFactors People Analytics, there are certain configurations that needs to be restored in the target system itself.
- Hence, customers need to take a backup of SAP Analytics Cloud related certificate & integration keys prior to instance refresh from the target SAP SuccessFactors instance.
- These files downloaded as backup needs to be imported back to the target instance post-instance refresh to continue using SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics.The detailed steps are documented in the help guide.
Call To Action: Follow this blog for more future updates & make sure to look for details in our guides on instance refresh topic here : Help Guide
I hope you find the information helpful. Please provide your feedback or ask any question regarding this blog post in the comment section.
For any of your other questions, don’t forget to visit the Q&A section of SAP Community for SAP SuccessFactors.