SAP SuccessFactors Instance Refresh is a common practice among customers to copy their data and configuration from Source instances to Target instances.
What is the current status of Instance Refresh support with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics (till 2011 release) ?
- There were limitations during 2005 release with regards to instance refresh process for SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics and hence customer recommendations were documented in the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 2937356 for various scenarios & combinations of instance refreshes.
- So any customer planning to perform instance refresh on SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instance should look at the recommendations & process outlined in the mentioned SAP Knowledge Base Article along with before & after steps that needs to be performed.
Will instance refresh process be supported with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics in 2011 release?
- Instance refresh process will be supported with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics so customers can carry their usual instance refresh activity on their SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instances.
- With 2011 release of SAP SuccessFactors, customers will be able to use Instance Refresh process on SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instances.
- This will not break the SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics configuration anymore.
- Please find general information from SAP SuccessFactors on manual instance refresh process here – “Manual Refresh” and on automated instance refresh process here – . “Automatic Refresh (Instance Refresh Tool)”
- SAP Note: Stories from the source tenant will not be copied over to the target tenant as part of instance refresh process. So no stories from source system will be copied over.
In order to retain stories on your target tenant, please export those stories from Report Center prior the instance refresh process is initiated, and after the instance refresh process is complete, you can import the exported Stories into the same target tenant.
How to use Export and Import functionality? – Click Here
Call To Action: Follow this blog for more future updates & make sure to look for details in our guides on instance refresh topic here : Help Guide
I hope you find the information helpful. Please provide your feedback or ask any question regarding this blog post in the comment section.
For any of your other questions, don’t forget to visit the Q&A section of SAP Community for SAP SuccessFactors.