New version now generally available: SAP Innovation and Optimization Pathfinder 2.0
Update 04/2023: The successor of Pathfinder is now in beta phase: SAP Signavio Process Insights, discovery edition – to get more information read this blog.
Whether you are running on SAP ERP or whether you have already moved on the new SAP S/4HANA digital core, the new SAP Innovation and Optimization Pathfinder 2.0 can help you to optimize and innovate your current system.
I introduced this new offering to you in my last blog about the start of pilot phase for the new Pathfinder version 2.0. A lot has happened in the last three months and today I would like to give you an update.
During the pilot phase, the customer response was overwhelming:
In just 3 months we already delivered over 140 Pathfinder 2.0 pilot reports to customers!
And the customer feedback was always very positive.
Since last week the new version is now generally available for all customers.
Highlights of the new Pathfinder 2.0:
- One joint report for IT and Business, organized by Line of Business
- Improved business process section with 80+ KPI’s
- Recommendations for intelligent technologies
- Insights of COVID-19 impact on the industry
- Simplified request process, same SAP Notes as the SAP Business Scenario Recommendations report (enhanced Early Watch Alert report not needed anymore)
Personalized innovation recommendations based on your current SAP system usage for six lines of business:
- Sourcing and Procurement
- Sales and Service
- Supply Chain
- Asset Management
E2E process improvement recommendations, based on 80+ process performance indicators with industry benchmarks for:
- Record to report
- Procure to pay
- Order to cash
- Complaints & returns management
- Inventory management
- Plan to produce
- Request to settle
Recommendations on how SAP can help automate and improve your IT activities:
- Change management
- Data volume management
- System stability and performance
- Custom code
How does the Pathfinder 2.0 benefit customers and partners?
- Customer-specific insights & innovation recommendations based on your core SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA system usage, business and IT performance – e.g. outlining the benefits of upgrading from older SAP S/4HANA releases to the latest version
- E2E business process improvement recommendations with industry benchmarks for 7 processes: Record to report, procure to pay, order to cash, complaints & returns management, inventory management, plan to produce and request to settle
- Tailored recommendations and actionable next steps to engage effectively with key stakeholders in Finance, Sales, Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Asset Management and IT
- Free-of-charge for customers on SAP maintenance
- Implement SAP Notes 2745851 and 2758146 in your productive SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA system
- Standard SAP EarlyWatch Alert (SAP Solution Manager)
Note: Activating Business Key Figures in SAP EarlyWatch Alert (as for Pathfinder 1.0) is NOT needed anymore
- Optional: Extract SAP Fiori usage data (odata) from SAP system
Call to Action
- Visit the Pathfinder landing page for more information, including the how to guide, presentation and a sample report.
- Extract all needed data: Details can be found in the new how-to-guide.
- Submit the data to order your Pathfinder.
Do you have further questions? Just reach out to us directly: Pathfinder@sap.com
Thanks a lot