Asking the right questions to get the best answers in digital transformation. How HPE and SAP helped Danfoss advance at the speed of ideas
Until quite recently, the major question enterprises would ask when looking to enhance their IT environments or pursue digital transformation was “what?”
- What are the main goals of our initiative?
- What are the anticipated results?
- What strategies and approaches should we use to make sure the implementation occurs quickly, securely and confidently?
- What technologies must we acquire to best achieve our goals and results?
Once these questions were answered, it typically became a matter of going out and purchasing, deploying and managing the solution and its component parts.
Today, “how” has become just as important as “what” in terms of identifying and implementing the best solution for your requirements.
This Danfoss case study will show you exactly “why.” Please join us on October 7 for the “Danfoss + HPE + SAP Webcast: Advancing at the Speed of Ideas” to learn more. You can Register Here.
The future is where it’s at
Danfoss’ 85-year history has been characterized by innovative customer solutions – from the thermostatic expansion valve for refrigeration systems, to one of the world’s first radiator thermostats for regulating heating, to the world’s first mass-produced frequency converters, all the way to today’s telematics used for precision farming.
And while times and realities have changed, Danfoss’ commitment to innovation and creating the future has not. Recently, the company took steps to ensure that it would advance at the speed of ideas with an infrastructure that would:
- Adopt the right architecture to support future requirements
- Identify and deploy a strong and robust technology stack/platform to run the business today and tomorrow
- Establish a mechanism that would ensure optimum utilization of the platform
One overriding goal was to simplify the IT environment which had grown to 19 different landscapes due to mergers and acquisitions over the years.
With HPE and SAP, the future is here
Working closely with HPE and SAP, Danfoss identified the best approach for their digital transformation journey. It included an SAP S/4HANA greenfield implementation, a restructuring of the data center, and a focus on predictability, flexibility and scalability.
Essential in bringing all of these “whats” together was HPE’s GreenLake for SAP HANA, which delivers superior performance and agility by running mission-critical workloads on some of the biggest and fastest bare metal appliances available today, all in a pay-per-use model with built-in scalability. With GreenLake, Danfoss received:
- Direct access to SAP-certified hardware, operating system, and services
- Choice of configurations, appliance or TDI
- The ability to run at the edge, in their data center or at a colo facility
- Full self-serve and automation capabilities
- Design, implementation, and operational services from HPE Pointnext Services, allowing them to focus on their business vs. technology operations/management
The October 7 webinar is an ideal forum for you to learn more about the Danfoos digital transformation journey and the impact it can have on yours. The session features experts from HPE, SAP, and Danfoss, including:
- Sune Tornbo Baastrup: Senior Vice President, CIO, Danfoss
- Keith White: Senior Vice President and General Manager, HPE GreenLake
- Sven Denecken: Senior Vice President, SAP S/4HANA, Head of Product Success, Co-Innovation, SAP
Join our speakers sharing their stories on how implementing SAP S/4HANA and running mission critical business process during COVID-era. Register Here to attend.