I’m excited about what the Business Technology Platform by SAP can do for businesses—not just because of the technology, but because in my role I’ve had the opportunity to talk with customers and partners on the leading edge of innovation and hear what they’ve been able to achieve with these new technologies.
And now I’d like to help share their fascinating and inspirational stories about resilience and reinventing business as part of Better Together: Customer Conversations. It’s not about SAP or SAP products—it’s about stepping aside and passing the microphone to the people who are actually doing the work and helping transform the way organizations do business.
Better Together: Customer Conversations are about insightful unscripted conversations from SAP customers and partners as well as additional industry experts. No slide decks, no-nonsense. Let’s dig into the latest technologies driving innovation opportunities—as well as the pitfalls and challenges to actually putting that innovation into practice. We’ll share candid stories: tipping points, catalysts, what works, what doesn’t, what customers have accomplished, and — most importantly — how you can follow in their path.
Each episode is brought to you in four parts to tell the macro to micro customer transformation journey: a blog such as this one, as an overview to set the stage for the episode, a podcast – focused on thought-leadership, and the ‘why’ – the inspiration, a LinkedIn Live session – to dig into the ‘how’ – the execution, and another blog – a summary and key takeaways.
I’m your end-to-end host. I’ll pen the blogs and moderate the LinkedIn Live sessions, while Tamara McCleary, CEO, Thulium, hosts the thought-leadership podcasts.
On October 6, 2020, the first episode will go-live: ‘Business Without Boundaries’.
We’ll be joined by Jason Taylor, VP, Global Digital & Innovation, Gates Corporation , Nathan Williams, Practice Director, SAP Platform Technologies, NIMBL, and Chuck Martin from the Net Future Institute, to discuss big questions, challenges, and opportunities head-on:
- What happens when you remove data silos, connecting data across the enterprise to optimize operations?
- How the free flow of information throughout the organization enables visibility and transparency, improves efficiency, and sparks innovation
- What’s driving businesses to adopt technologies like the IoT, cloud, etc.?
- How the current crisis is affecting the adoption of these technologies
- What are the leaders doing that the laggards aren’t? And what are the distinctions?
- What challenges are there in creating a business without boundaries?
- What does the fully connected, boundaryless business of the future look like?
- What does all that translate to for our guests, and their real-life case studies from their own organizations?
Here’s a sneak peek:
“I think that what has been key in a lot of the leaders in this space, is they have continued to be able to react and then start to position themselves in a more proactive culture than they were before. Their ability to deliver continuous improvement on innovation through [the pandemic] has been key. It’s the ability to pivot, adjust, and not lose time in continuing to build your organization and move your organization into the future.”
Jason Taylor, VP, Global Digital & Innovation, Gates Corporation
Join us on October 6, for a macro-to-micro exploration of the future of business without boundaries.
Register at SAP.com/BTP to:
- Listen to the podcast, available on demand
- Watch the LinkedIn Live session premiering on October 6, at 8 am PST, and then on-demand on LinkedIn SAP Technology
Additional customer success stories that address these same topics:
- Schnellecke Logistics: How Do Smart Containers Speed Up Production?
- Uniper: Extending and Automating Processes – From the Plant, to the Field, to the Back Office
SAP customers are doing incredible things with our technology — it’s always inspiring to see what happens when innovation and initiative meet our platform. Better Together: Customer Conversations is your chance to hear their informative and inspiring stories.
E-mail us to be a guest on the episode and suggest topics. We look forward to you joining us and to hearing from you!