Synopsis : SAP S/4HANA Cloud Essentials Edition (ES) Implementations Blogs
I have been working as SAP Technical Consultant for last 15 years, I started my journey as ABAP developer and my first project was ECC implementation for Utilities Company. ECC 4.6 to SAP S/4HANA it’s been quite a cheerful journey; I have worked on Upgrades, Implementations, Data Migration, roll outs etc.
I have also managed complex Upgrade of 8 SAP systems (ECC, PI, BW, GTS, SRM, SCM, Portal, eRecruit) in Big Bang approach in a span of 8 months which has been one of the most challenging projects.
Seems “change” is inevitable and demands technical skills progression. I evolved along with SAP, slowly getting my hands dirty in HANA, CFin, Fiori and all the new buzz feed kept me going and growing. SAP technical piece has never been so exciting as it is today….I was eagerly waiting to lay my hands on a Cloud MTE aka Essential project with so many Questions in mind:
Two system Landscape, No Transports, No access to SAP GUI – Are you kidding?
What will I do as a Technical Person?
What all should I learn to be ready for Cloud Projects?
Last year I started with open SAP Course on Extensibility to begin with and used to enroll for any Learning Hub sessions covering Cloud Technical Topics. As I got familiar with words STE and MTE; they were changed to Extended and Essentials respectively. It took me some time to grasp new terminologies.
And finally the wait was over. This year, I got a chance to work on Cloud Essentials Implementation Project. When I started my S/4HANA Cloud Journey, it kept me glued with its awe. I joined SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community to learn more on what type of issues other people are facing and we get chance to interact and learn more as a community. For all SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Highlights; you can refer SAP blog here. For keeping yourself updated with Cloud Releases, you can also attend SAP Webinars on upcoming Cloud Releases so that you know what all SAP is introducing in Quarterly Release.
Now that I have gained some critical knowledge during this year, I thought it’s time to share and give something back to the SAP fraternity to read up and gather some new know-how, perhaps.
I have created 22 series blogs covering my experience in Cloud Implementation so far. I am not going to talk about the product as is in my blogs but would be focusing on covering topics with my learnings. Journey has just started, so I will try to keep updating them with any new findings I discover and probably add some more topics to list in coming months.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Pre read before starting S/4HANA Cloud Essentials Project
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Landscape Set Up and Transport Management – Part 1
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Landscape Set Up and Transport Management – Part 2
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Developer’s pocket reference taking up Cloud Essentials Build
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Setting up Custom UI Theme
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Extensibility Key Variations in SAP S/4HANA On Premise and Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: In-App Extensibility Starting Point
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Unboxing Custom Business Object
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Unboxing Custom Business Object Continued: Calling REST API inside logic
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Key Options for Testing APIs
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Key Takeaways on CDS Views
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Shades of Embedded Analytics in Cloud and On-Premise version
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Output Management: Variations in Cloud vs On Premise
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Output Management: Form Developments Common Challenges and Quick Hacks
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Output Management: Side by Side Extensibility for Forms
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Configuring Custom Field in Decision Table (Output Determination)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: My Journey with AIF (Interface Monitoring) in Cloud Implementation so far
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Leverage Business Event Handling to Monitor Changes
- Discover SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service in SCP
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Enterprise Event Enablement: What’s new with Cloud 2008
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Data Replication Framework(DRF)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Data Replication Framework (DRF) Key Apps
Hopefully this would help you in your Cloud Implementation Journey. Let’s start with the first blog “Pre read before starting S/4HANA Cloud Essentials Project” , this covers key points that you need to take care while working on Cloud Implementation.