Project Results for Managing SAP HANA Databases in the Cloud With the SAP HANA Cockpit
The SAP Customer Engagement Initiative (CEI) connects SAP development teams with our customers and partners early and regularly. This means you can work hand-in-hand with SAP development teams on projects and prototypes, helping us to consider your specific requirement based on your feedback. The initiative fosters and enables close interaction between SAP and our customers and partners by providing a structured approach and a legal framework.
The SAP Customer Engagement Initiative gives you early insights and shares product concepts so that you can help shape the future releases of tomorrow’s innovations. It’s a win-win situation.
The CEI project “Managing SAP HANA Databases in the Cloud With the SAP HANA Cockpit” was recently finished and we would like to share the highlights for the project here with you.
SAP aims to bring the power and performance of the SAP HANA database to the cloud. SAP HANA system administrators require robust and intuitive tooling to manage their landscape of SAP HANA databases running in the cloud. The key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and operational tasks to carry out in the cloud pose different challenges compared to on premise deployments. The SAP HANA cockpit tool aims to bring efficient management to cloud-based SAP HANA databases to complement its existing capabilities for on premise SAP HANA systems. Customer feedback regarding this functionality is crucial for the continued product development of the SAP HANA cockpit.
SAP Product(s) in Focus
SAP HANA cockpit and SAP HANA Cloud
- Discuss the SAP HANA cockpit feature set for operating SAP HANA databases in the cloud
- Obtain feedback on the cockpit’s UX from the perspective of SAP HANA database administrators
- Investigate areas where new functionality is warranted
- Strengthen relationship between participants and SAP development
- Feedback Calls
- Collection of business scenarios in areas operating SAP HANA databases in the cloud
- Test and validation of user interface of the SAP HANA Cloud instances page influenced improvements, e.g.:
- status display of the instances
- key information to display
- Validation of scope of specific cloud database management features such as:
- landscape database management
- defining remote sources
- examining expensive statements
- running SQL statements
Shipment vehicle of the results
SAP HANA Cloud