New Message Monitoring features with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008 shipment
As you may know, in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the message monitoring capability is actually based on SAP Application Interface Framework (AIF). With the latest 2008 delivery of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, we have shipped a couple of AIF related features. Here, the major features at a glance.
Cancel and restart messages through the SAP Cloud Platform Workflow services
Since SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005 it is possible to trigger a workflow instance in case of an error during message processing. The interoperability between SAP Application Interface Framework and SAP Cloud Platform Workflow has been enhanced so that you can either cancel or restart a failed message from within a workflow task.
Check out the sample project on Github, it has been enhanced with the new option of cancelling and restarting a message.
OData consumption supported in AIF
For synchronous OData service calls, AIF has been supported before, see SAP Help Portal. However, in this case you can only display the error messages, correcting the message payload, restarting, or cancelling messages of the OData service calls is not supported.
For OData consumption, i.e., when asynchronously exchanging messages through an outbound interface within an SAP S/4HANA Cloud system with a service provider using the OData protocol, interface implementation, runtime, error handling, restart of messages and the like is now supported.
SAP Fiori UX monitor – message monitor details
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005, we have shipped a user interface in SAP Fiori UX technology providing a message overview. With 2008, the SAP Fiori UI has been enhanced supporting message monitoring details.
From the message monitoring overview which provides status information in a tile layout, you can navigate to a list of relevant messages.
Here, the following features are supported:
- Getting an overview of messages with dedicated status processed through the selected interface
- Filter for messages with the help of parameters like the status, message ID, key fields, etc.
- Display the log messages
- Restart or cancel a message if in status Error or In Process
- Set process information for a message incl. comments to inform your peers that you took over the message in order to fix the issue
- Provide an alternative (customized) message text replacing the original text of an error message
- Provide a hint, for example, to write a procedure on how to correct a common error
- Easy navigation to another app for dedicated key fields if key field navigation is configured
From the list of message view, you can select a message and navigate to the message details where actions can be taken for a particular message.
If you like to know which features are planned to be shipped in future, check out the SAP Road Map Explorer accessible from here.