Many a times, the billing documents like invoices or sales orders which is available as a PDF document needs to be copied to SharePoint team site so that it can be made accessible to broader recipients within an organization. Using the OData APIs available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, integrations patterns provided by Cloud Integration capability and simplified connectivity to SharePoint provided by Open Connectors of SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite, such a business scenario can be very easily achieved.
SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite is a versatile, dynamic and enterprise-grade iPaaS (integration platform-as-a-service) from SAP that simplifies and accelerates enterprise integration and helps organizations to quickly transition to becoming intelligent enterprises. More information on SAP Cloud Platform Suite in this blog.
In this blog series, a simplified integration of replicating billing and invoice documents from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SharePoint using SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite has been showcased. As shown in the solution diagram for high level overview of process steps, this integration will consist of the following steps
- A periodic job in Cloud Integration to read the billing document information from SAP Backend systems.
- Data read from SAP Backend is transformed into the file format to be posted as a file in SharePoint leveraging the orchestration and mediation features of Cloud Integration capability of SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite.
- File data will be published into SharePoint Document list leveraging the Open Connectors capability of SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite.
- Part 1: Create Team Site in SharePoint
- Part 2: Create SharePoint Connector Instance in Open Connectors
- Part 3: Create Post File to SharePoint Integration Flow
This use-case can be extended to post your incoming request message into SharePoint or other cloud document storage in scenarios where you would like to store or persist the incoming request message for longer period in an external cloud document storage.
More blogs on SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite available in SAP Community.