Activity Rate replication in Central Finance
This blogpost is intended for project members responsible for setting up Activity Rate replication functionality in Central Finance.
From this blog post, you will be able to understand the system set up needed for activity rate replication from SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) source system to Central Finance system.
Activity rate replication function was delivered with S/4HANA On-Premise 1909 FPS0.
This functionality helps to replicate activity rates from source system(s) to the Central Finance system.
Activity rates can be transferred from source system via SAP Landscape Transportation tool (SLT) to Central Finance system in real-time ongoing replication.
The tables for the activity rate are COST, CSSL, COSL, COKL. COST (CO Object: Price Totals) is the trigger table for the SLT transfer. It is updated via transactions KP26 and KSPI.
A new table FINS_CFIN_AR_MAP is added on the Central Finance side to store sender’s key fields.
The following business scenarios are supported for replication:
- Maintain Activity Rate manually (KP26)
- Calculate Activity Rate automatically (KSPI)
Below replication scenarios are transferred to Central Finance
- New activity planning (even without plan price)
- Change of price for an activity type
With 1909 FPS2 a new transfer report via t code FINS_CFIN_AR_REPL is provided. With this report, customer can transfer below types of activity rates, or transfer more specific activity rates they want.
- Activity rates that are not replicated by mistake or blocked by the transfer rule during the ongoing replication.
- Customer wants to replicate those activity rates not transferred before the ongoing replication is available.
This new report is executed in the Central Finance system. User can input specific parameters for the transferred activity rates. The report can be executed via front end as well as background job mode
Prerequisites & Restriction
Below are some of the important prerequisites for setting up the activity rate replication:
- SLT configuration should be in place
- Define SLT replication object
- Download SLT content version SAP S4HANA 1909 ( OSS note 2154420)
- Add below entry for activity rate to table IUUC_LOGTB_FIELD in the SLT system ( OSS note 2154420)
(screen shot from help.sap.com)
- AIF (Application Interface Framework) configuration should be in place in Central Finance system
- Run transaction /AIF/CONTENT_EXTRACT and choose Deployment Scenario SAP_AIF_0023 to execute.
- Use Monitoring and Error Handling (transaction /AIF/ERR), and select Namespace /FINCF and Interface CC_AR.
- Define SLT replication object
- Central Finance system should be on release S/4HANA 1909 or higher
Below are some of the restrictions
- Only planning activity prices are replicated to the Central Finance system.
- Deletion of activity rates in the source system cannot be replicated to the Central Finance system. To be deleted manually in target as well.
- Does not support transfer of only change in the quantity or capacity of activity type (without change in price)
- You can apply SAP note 2821651 in the source system.
- With this note a search help is available for you to select field values relevant for activity rates from the source system when you define transfer rules in the Central Finance system
- Configure the mapping entities for the source data in Master Data Governance (MDG). Most important mapping entities are:
- Controlling Area
- Cost center
- Activity Type
- Relevant OSS notes for are as below
- 2888016 – Central Finance: Activity Rates Manual Replication Report (Central)
- 2898087 – Central Finance: UDO Report for SAP Note 2888016
- 2878231 – Central Finance: Activity Rates Manual Replication Report (Source)
- 2895555 – Central Finance: UDO Report for SAP Note 2878231
- 2821636 – Central Finance: Transfer Rule for Activity Rate Replication (Central)
- Set up Transfer rules ( available as of 1909 FPS1)
- This function enables the user to maintain the business scope for the activity rates which shall be replicated from source systems to the Central Finance system.
- Follow below path to set up transfer rule
T code CFINIMG:
Central Finance: Target System Settings > Replication Settings for Activity Rates
- Activate Transfer Rule for Activity Rate Replication from Source to Central: You activate or deactivate the check of transfer rules. By default, the status is inactive
Note: If you don’t activate transfer rules, all data from SLT will be transferred.
- Define Transfer Rule for Activity Rate Replication from Source to Central – Here you maintain the values in transfer rules based on the data scope you’ll transfer for activity rates. Otherwise, the data will not be transferred to the Central Finance system.
- All activity rate transferred from source are validated against these transfer rules ( if set active) .
- The Configuration of transfer rule has 3 levels:
a) Logical system: specify the source system ID.
b) Transfer Rule Head: enter high-level business parameters such as controlling area, version, cost center.
c) Transfer Rule Item: select the activity types for the head
In order to improve the efficiency of the maintenance, the parameter Cost Center and Activity Type can be filled in with either a specific value or a regular expression which contains ‘*’ or ‘+’.
AIF Set up
- AIF in the Central Finance system has been configured before.
- Run transaction /AIF/CONTENT_EXTRACT in Central Finance system and choose Deployment Scenario SAP_AIF_0023 to execute.
Use Monitoring and Error Handling (transaction /AIF/ERR) and select Namespace /FINCF and Interface CC_AR.
The tables for the activity rate are COST, CSSL, COSL, COKL are replicated. All activities via transactions KP26 and KSPI are replicated
a) Mapping of objects between source and Central Finance are as below
b) Maintain activity rate in source system and save via transaction code KP26
c) Check AIF message in target system:
Transaction code: /n/AIF/ERR
Interface name: CC_AR:
d) Check KP27 transaction in target. Above rate will be replicated
e) Check table FINS_CFIN_AR_MAP. It stores the sender’s key in Central Finance and shows the link to COST object number (OBJNR) in target.
Starting from 1909 we are able to replicate activity rate from a SAP ECC source system to Central Finance system. It also allows us to replicate historic rates which were not replicated to Central Finance before 1909 .
Below are some of the important sap help links on this topic are as below:
Replication of activity rate:
Initial load of Activity rate:
Replicate activity rate manually :
Transfer Rule for Activity Rate Replication from Source System to Central Finance: