Driving Adoption of New Innovation SAP MaxAttention Services
Innovation is a constant and key to customer success and future growth in a digital economy.
Our SAP Center of Expertise (CoE) have taken thinking outside the box to a whole new dimension – generating customer focused, real-world ‘ideas’ that are Feasible, Scalable, Desirable and Viable. These ‘ideas’ address product gaps, improve efficiency, and bring in intelligent technologies to existing processes that are based on real customer demands encountered during Premium Engagement (PE) deliveries.
In this blog, you will learn about some great innovation ideas and insights that you can leverage to address your business needs and requirements and achieve valuable business outcomes and experiences in a number of different solution areas.
1. CFIN TACC (CFIN Transactional & Analytical Control Center)
Category: Intelligent Enterprise – Financial Analytics
- CFIN TACC is a central cockpit for central finance customers to support month end activities.
- Provides a unified platform for analysis of errors in replicated transactions, re-processing, posting adjustments, reconciliation and reporting.
- Learn to develop a solution that meets the requirements and needs of business users and controllers.
- Learn agile software development based on customer needs that can be extended.
- Learn to combine functionalities to achieve analytics and central process execution.
- Traceability was enabled in cockpit with features like status management, categorization of business process and required functions.
- Object oriented ABAP for backend core application logic to develop reconciliations, adjustment postings and reversals. CDS, OData services, IRPA, ML, AIF, Workflow and Fiori were used to support the business logic and front-end UI of the cockpit.
2. S/4HANA Cost Optimized Landscape Provisioning
Category: Hybrid Operations
Cost Optimized Landscape Provisioning is a simple and efficient way to create lower landscapes via copying partial and meaningful Production data via using application and time-based filters.
Having the ability to take partial data will provide immense value to SAP S/4HANA customers in the following areas:
- Lower overall TCO.
- Reduce HANA infrastructure expenditures.
- Provide ability to perform quality testing in lower environments.
- Fasten the innovation cycle with ability to create sandbox systems based on production data sets.
- Cost Optimized Landscape Provisioning is currently built for OTC application and will need input from other Application Architects to extend for other LOB/Business Process areas.
- Tool currently limits data filtering based on 2 columns only. However, this can be extended by using SLT and migration cockpit.
- HANA catalog export of schema for repositories could take few hours and optimization is needed.
At high-level this 5-step process includes SAP load base tools, HANA Catalog capabilities, Client copy along with custom scripts build to orchestrate the data transfer.
- Setup SAP technical environment with backup restore on target H/W.
- Catalog only export of SAPHANADB and Catalog export of other schemas with replace option. Import the same on target
- Export the 000 client from source and import the same on target.
- Execute Remote Client customizing copy.
- Export selective table data from source client to target system client.
3. Digital Boardroom for Operations with SAC
Category: Intelligent Technologies – Analytics
- Digital boardroom for Operations is a cloud-based application that supports operational leaders to visualize operations and experience data combined together.
- Orchestrate all platforms/tools to provide operational and decision-making.
- How to work with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and integration of SAC with different SAP Systems
- Team explored SAC integration with Solution Manager with OData connection.
- Team explored connecting SAC with BW on Solution Manager.
- Qualtrics Overview and How Qualtrics can be integrated with SAC.
- Focused Run Integration with SAC.
- Explore integration with SAC and Cloud Solutions.
- Learn how to build on an AR/VR platform
Created user stories leveraging SAC to provide cross-scenario analytics combining data from multiple platforms and systems to build a central visualization.
4. Intelligent Expense Manager (Jarvis)
Category: Hybrid Operations
- Jarvis is an intelligent assistant to recognize the cost detail from files and fill the information in Concur trips automatically.
- Hotel slip, boarding pass and flight invoices are tested, both photo and pdf files can be recognized.
- Tested several different OCR algorithms, identified the best one for our scenario.
- Learn to validate assumptions and build product with small steps, identified critical user cases.
- Build integration between Concur, DI and Chatbot, get to know Concur API better.
- Build MVP for the core recognition features, deploy algorithm in DI.
- Validated the integration between different components and products.
5. SAP Analysis for Marketing and Sales (SAMS)
Category: Hybrid Operations
- SAP Analysis for Marketing and Sales (SAMS) is an analytical tool which harnesses the power of Qualtrics to utilize X and O data from a customer-filled survey.
- The survey is generated and sent if a customer creates a sales quotation but does not proceed to order the selected products or services.
- The survey is then positioned to ask valuable questions on which Qualtrics analyses the data and forwards the analyzed data to marketing leads to help enhance marketing campaigns.
- Enhanced knowledge of Java and groovy script programming.
- Learned reporting and analytical features of Qualtrics.
- Enhanced knowledge of integration and potential use cases between Cloud Platform Integration and Qualtrics.
- Gained a deeper understanding of how X+O data can be harnessed to increase awareness of customer sentiment.
- A survey was generated in both Cloud for Customer and Qualtrics with test values populated to see the difference in the response data format. A java class was created to read in the survey data from Cloud for Customer and format it to be compatible with Qualtrics.
- API’s readily available within Qualtrics were tested for compatibility with Cloud Platform Integration and then used for the integration to upload the newly formatted data.
- Qualtrics has a range of analytical features which were used to generate a report and automatically sent to a list of email addresses.
Next Steps: Leveraging Innovation Ideas
If you have any business needs and requirements supported by any of the aforementioned innovation ideas, please reach out to SAP VPR NA for further support.