Since we are well aware of abapGit, thanks to Lars Hvam. We could see more and more open source projects being created/contributed from our ABAP community developers. The abapGit focused on supporting TADIR objects, there were several request from the developers/users to handle the customizing content.
Existing solution is to use the BC Sets to capture the customizing content and export it to repository. Then import this BC Set to target system and using transaction SCPR20, unpack the BC set.
The idea is, create a BC Set metadata from customizing transport request. The BC Set metadata is created for each object name i.e. E071-OBJ_NAME
Beta Version – is not bug free!!
- Using abapGit(developer version), install the repo abapGitcustomizing
- Run transaction ZAGC
- It will list all your cloned repositories using abapGit
- Double click on the repo in which you would like to export your customizing content
Since there is no customizing content in your repo, the list will be empty
- Use “Customizing Transport” to select the request in which your customizing content is recorded
The recorded customizing content is converted to BC Set metadata i.e. object type SCP1
- Select the line and click on “Stage” to export the customizing content to your repository
- New folder “customizing” is created in your repo and the staged customizing content is available in BC Set metadata format
- You could also import this customizing using action “Pull” but make sure that there is one open customizing request under your name, so that the customizing content is recorded in that request
- BC Set is an existing tool to handle the customizing content. So there will be many APIs available and we do not need to create anything new 🙂
- Using BC Set, we can make sure that all the application related checks like foreign keys, table events and screen modules implemented, After-Import methods etc. are executed while content is imported from repo
- We can also handle the deletion of customizing content via BC Set
Jump In – Let’s start coding!!
But I just started this as a separate project because of pure love for ABAP 🙂