How to connect SAPUI5 applications to On-Premise system – Cloud Foundry environment
To be published soon…
- In this session, we will look at how to connect applications to On-Premise systems in SAP Cloud Platform – Cloud Foundry environment
- In SAP Cloud Platform – Cloud Foundry environment, the connectivity functionality is broken down into 2 separate services (Connectivity Service and Destination Service)
- The Connectivity Service and Destination Service together can be used to connect to On-Premise systems
- The Connectivity Service acts as a standard HTTP proxy to connect and retrieve data from the On-Premise system
- In this example, we will try and connect to the On-Premise SAP S/4HANA system from an application hosted in Cloud Foundry
- We will use the connection details stored in the Destination Service to figure out where to connect
- We will then use the Connectivity Service to make the actual connection and retrieve data from the On-Premise system
- This video should give you a clear idea on how to use the Destination Service and Connectivity Service together to connect to the On-Premise system
- If you have questions or comments, please list them below and I will be happy to answer
Thanks for sharing this tutorial for connecting apps to premise system. It was very helpful. Can you also write an article on how to connect on-premise to AWS s3?
Awesome Blog and great explaination for the usage od Destiantion and Connectivity Service. Helped a lot to clarify some of my doubts. One question that I had is about testing the connectivity service locally like you did in the Part 1 Video with the Northwind Service. Is it possible to define the cloud on-prem destination URL in default-env.json and run it locally using visual studio or in the BAS environment?