SAP Marketing Cloud Integration with SAP Customer Data Cloud aka Gigya – Step by Step Guide
SAP Marketing Cloud(SMC) can be integrated with SAP Customer Data Cloud to have near real-time permission-based customer profiling in SAP Marketing Cloud.
In this blog, we will see how we can integrate SAP Marketing Cloud with SAP Customer Data Cloud for Identity sync including Customer Personal Data, Consent, Permissions and Data Flows.
The “Sharma’s & Co.” is an e-commerce site who want to sync Commerce customers with SAP Marketing Cloud to run effective targeted campaigns. Sharma’s & Co has procured SAP Customer Data Cloud to keep customers up-to-date information in all connected downstream systems. Commerce website is already integrated with SAP CDC, now Customer wants to integrate SAP Marketing system with CDC.
For this use case, I have created a demo website, integrated Registration as a Service(RaaS) for customer Registration, Login and Profiling. Customers registered/updated from the demo site should update all downstream system including SAP Marketing Cloud.
- CDC will be integrated with SAP Marketing Cloud for Customer profile including consent and subscriptions
- We will be using IdentitySync – “Dataflow” for Integration with SMC
|ECommerce site||Step-1||Create an E-Commerce site|
|Step-2||Integrate the site with RaaS|
|SAP Marketing Cloud
||Step-3||Create a Communication System|
|Step-4||Create Communication Scenario|
|Step-6||OData Service URL|
|Step-7||Creation of custom field for Registration Type|
|Step-8||Enable field in Segmentation Profile|
|Step-9||Configure Contact Origin|
|Step-10||Create Communication Category|
|SAP Customer Data Cloud||Step-11||Create DataFlow|
|Demo Site||Step-14||Register Customer in ECommerce Site|
|SAP Marketing Cloud||Step-15||Find Customer using Contact Profile/Inspect Contact|
|Important Points||*||Important points|
Step by Step:
Step 1: Create an E-Commerce site: For this blog, I have created my own demo E-Commerce site and hosted it. I will be using the same for all integration scenarios.
Step 2: Integrate the site with RaaS:- Site is integrated with CDC for Registration, Login and Profile.
Step 3: Create a Communication System in SMC
Step 4: Create Communication User in SMC
Step 5: Communication Arrangement in SMC
Step 6: OData Service URL to be used in CDC IdentitySync DataFlow
Step 7: Creation of custom field for Registration Type(Lite or Full Registration)
- Create a custom field of type code list
- Enable field usage for the UI and Reports as per your scenario
- Enable field usage for OData API’s
Step 8: Enable field in Segmentation Profile: Enable newly created custom field in segmentation profile.
Step 9: Configure Contact Origin for Gigya ID.
- Using “Manage your Solutions” App, open “Origins of Contact IDs“
- Uncheck “For Identification” and maintain “priority of origin” as per your business scenarios
Step 10: Create Communication Category for “ProductLaunch” newsletter and enable it for subscription
Step 11: In CDC, Create DataFlow
- Click “DataFlows” under Identity Sync. and click on “Create Data Flow”
- Select “Data Flow Integration” and “Data Flow Templates” as highlighted below:
- Data Flow should be created, maintain name for the Data Flow
Step 12: Configure DataFlow
- Configure Accounts:
- Click on Edit Icon
- Maintain Parameters value as below
- Click on “Edit” Icon
- Rename attributes as per the requirement
- MarketingCommunication Permission & Subscription DateTime Format Conversion:
- Click on “Edit” icon
- Maintain Consent DateTime field for which we want to change the format as per SMC DateTime format
- HybrisMarketing: Outbound Service call to SAP Marketing Cloud
- Click on “Edit” icon
- Maintain Configuration as below and also maintain fields for Marketing Permissions and Subscription fields
Step 13: Test DataFlow: Once DataFlow is created, it is ready for testing.
- From the action menu(…), click on “Run Test”
- Start execution for 10 records by pressing “Run Test”
- Check the status of the job by clicking on “Status” from the Action menu
- Job Status: As test execution is running fine, we will try the registration process from the E-Commerce site
Step 14: Register Customer in ECommerce Site:
- Click on “Register” button for new registration
- User will provide basic details and click on “Submit”. After pressing “Submit”, customer should be created in SAP Marketing Cloud.
Step 15: Find Customer using Contact Profile/Inspect Contact
- Open “Contacts” app and search Customer, click on the contact to check the origin, marketing permissions and subscriptions
- Gigya should be available in “Data Orgin”
- Marketing Permissions and Subscriptions should be available for the customer
- CDC Integration with SAP Marketing supports only version 2 OData service
- Communication Category in “datasource.write.hybrismarketing” is Communication Category ID.
- CDC stores DateTime in “yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss.SSS’Z'” format and Marketing Cloud expects datetime in “yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss” format.
Quick Link for more details: SAP Marketing Cloud Integration with CDC