Wrap-Up “Resilience & Sustainability for Business Success” SAP Premium Engagement Forum (Virtual, October 1-2, 2020)
October 1-2, 2020
On October 1 and 2, the virtual SAP Premium Engagement Forum Resilience and Sustainability for Business Success workshop “took place. This wrap-up blog provides an overview about the focus topics of the workshop.
This workshop was hosted to provide insights into how SAP is using innovative technologies to address global economic, environmental and social issues and in turn how these same innovative technologies can be applied to specific business challenges.
The SAP Premium Engagement Team & SAP Intelligent Enterprise Institute (IEI) together led a discussion on…
- Day 1: Resilience : How to Adapt, Innovate and Overcome Challenges today and being prepared for unforeseen circumstances.
- Day 2: Sustainability: Reduce Waste and Emissions, and make Responsible Choices through measurable visibility of the impact your business is having today.
….and the approach was
Resilience : Using the uniquely designed IEI Intelligent Process and Data Labs to analyse Business Processes and assess the best Intelligent Technologies and Practices to quickly achieve the needed operational and business efficiencies demanded now and strategically make ready for unpredictable new business demands.
Sustainability : Using the uniquely designed Climate 21 Labs (Experience Economy and Sustainability) to understand the impact your operations have on the environment and apply Intelligent Solutions to your practices today and build strategies for the future.
Key Workshop Highlights
Mark Quinn, Head of Premium Engagement at SAP, kicked-off the workshop over the two mornings with an introduction on the biggest challenge we have today which is becoming resilient, sustainable and profitable companies and how SAP’s Innovation Strategy can help its customers through the current Pandemic disruptions whilst continuing to focus on our economic, planetary and people issues.
Jose Luis Carvalho, Co-Head – Intelligent Enterprise Institute EMEA North, Customer Success, SAP gave an overview of the IEI approach summarised below
Intelligent Enterprise Institute (IEI) Strategy :
IEI Framework Labs :
- The Intelligent Enterprise Institute includes four labs to accelerate adoption of innovation and time to value: Process Lab, Data Lab, Experience Lab and Sustainability Lab
- All labs make use of a fully remote design thinking methodology alongside pre-defined material and expertise on process and intelligent technologies to accelerate ideation and design of solutions for business problems.
- Spotlight is a unique business process analysis tool which assesses business processes and provides insights into what areas may best benefit from optimization through the usage of intelligent technologies.
- The above is all combined to design solutions which are then assessed forFeasibility, Scalability, Desirability and Viability (FSDV) to ensure there is actual value in the changes being suggested.
Glenn Svensson, Vice President Digital Innovation, Technology & Innovation, SAP, led the conversation around the Business Resilience specific application of Intelligent Technologies with our BoSh solution.
Lisa Dittmann, Global Sustainability Services -Intelligent Enterprise Institute EMEA North SAP, show cased SAP’s Carbon Footprint Measurement and planning application.
Emek Yesilyurt, Custom Head of Experience Lab – Intelligent Enterprise Institute EMEA North SAP, the importance of managing and capitalising on the Customer feedback culture.
Polls were run throughout the workshop, one of which was an opportunity to win a Premium Engagement IEI funded Lab to help evaluate a specific business problem and we will inform the winners within October.
Slides / Recordings and Contact Us
SAP is looking forward to engaging with our customers to help their organizations run smarter with
- SAP Business Operations Self-Healing Service. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAP Intelligent Enterprise Institute. Please contact email@example.com.
Feel free to share your feedback and thoughts in the comment section below.