Shiver me timbers! There’s a new Mission for International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Ahoy, maties! An ol’ sea dog told me it’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19th! This be a festive day where every soul (an’ especially developers) be encouraged t’ talk like a pirate, jus’ fer th’ fun o’ it! T’ mark th’ occasion, the captains at SAP Community be launchin’ a new voyage– th’ Treasure Hunter mission!
These festivities also be the perfect time t’ commit t’ me quest o’ earn’n the SAP Community Fireball 2020 badge. This here lassie ’ll be engagin’ on SAP Community daily fer 30 days in a row (or face walkin’ the plank). Certainly somethin’ to grab a jug o’ grog about.
But alas, back to mission! My shipmates at SAP Digital Commerce have hidden treasure across the pages of 10 products that help boost developer productivity – five on SAP App Center and five on SAP Store. To win the Treasure Hunter badge, you will have to find all 10 pieces o’ booty hidden on the pages. Luckily, you will have some help – @SAPDigital will be giving out hints on Twitter on the 19th and you will have a week to find all the treasure.
Why are we observing #TalkLikeaPirateDay you ask? Well, why NOT? It is just plain fun! We also have done a lot of work on our digital channels – SAP Store for SAP solutions and SAP App Center for partner solutions – that has made it much easier to find, try, and buy the solutions that many in the SAP Community need. We would love to celebrate what we have accomplished, while also showcasing what developer tools we have available.
How do I claim my Treasure Hunter badge?
To secure your Treasure Hunter badge, you must:
- Follow me by clicking on this link to my profile: my profile and then clicking the Follow button
- Comment on this blog post to say that you have found all the treasure and would like me to follow you back – that way we’re able to direct message (DM)
- When I follow you back, send me a DM with your list of the 10 SAP and partner app pages from SAP Store and SAP App Center where you located the treasure
The deadline for submitting your list to me via SAP Community DM is Sunday, September 27 at 23:59 UTC. Within a few days after this deadline, all those who have messaged me the correct list will be awarded their Treasure Hunter badge.
What say ye, ya scurvy dog? Ya in? To get you started with your mission, here are some clues that will help you find the treasure once it becomes visible on Saturday, September 19:
- To uncover the Diamond, find the SAP solution that provides complete integration capabilities across hybrid and cloud landscapes.
- To discover the Ring, find the partner solution that works with SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP to automate testing, change, audit and security processes.
- To plunder the Gold Coins, find the partner solution that works with SAP Cloud Platform to help backup value mappings and function libraries for SAP PI/PO developers.
Remember, grab yer spyglass and follow @SAPDigital on Twitter for all the hints, starting September 19th.