In this blog I would like to provide a short click-trough so that you know how to generate a RAP BO using the RAP Generator that I have described in detail in this blog:
In the latest systems I have already updated the RAP Generator and now it is possible to upload the JSON file using a UI. The new upload functionality is based on the blog How to Upload Data to SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP Environment by @rich.heilman .
- Log on to a trial system
- Create a package (e.g. ZRAP_####)
- Add the package ZRAP_GENERATOR to your Favorite Packages.
- Navigate to Connectivity –> HTTP Services –> ZRAP_GENERATOR.
- Klick on URL
- In the UI that opens you can
- use the Browse button to search for a JSON file that you have prepared and then
- press the button Upload File and generate BO.
- After waiting for 1 or 2 minutes (if no error message shows up)
- you will get a popup telling you that your RAP BO has been generated successfully
- The RAP Generator needs a JSON file as input.The simplest one is this one that simply uses two tables ZRAP_TRAVEL_DEMO and ZRAP_BOOK_DEMO with UUID based keys that are provided in the package ZRAP_GENERATOR.https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-abap-rap/blob/master/json_templates/json_managed_uuid_table_demo.txt
- In the editor of your choice replace the values for following parameters to your needs
- After saving be sure to change the extension of your file to *.json.