Customer/Vendor Integration (CVI) in SAP S4HANA-How to find out the BP linked to customer/vendor
In any SAP S4HANA migration project, it is not possible to directly identify the business partner for the given legacy (ECC) customer/ vendor numbers as there is no standard table available for this purpose.
In SAP S/4HANA, Business Partner is the central object which manages master data for customer and vendors.
SAP supports synchronization of existing SAP ECC customers and vendors to business partner by using CVI complex interface.
I am going to explain how to identify Business Partner corresponding to customer/vendor after Master Data Synchronization/migration completion.
- Business partner creation is the first step before creation of customers and suppliers and it is updated to BUT000 table.
Primary Key: PARTNER_GUID
When we start assigning roles to business partner, the Customer-Vendor-Integration (CVI) comes into picture.
- When we assign the customer role to Business Partner, it goes through customer API’s and update CVI link table CVI_CUST_LINK.
Table : CVI_CUST_LINK
- When we assign the vendor role to Business Partner, it goes through vendor API’s and update CVI link table CVI_VEND_LINK.
Table : CVI_VEND_LINK
There is no standard table in SAP S4HANA to identify the legacy customer/vendors by using Business Partner and vice versa.
- The common field between BUT000 and CVI link tables is Business partner GUID (Technical name: PARTNER_GUID)
- By using BP GUID (PARTNER_GUID) from CVI link tables, we can identify the corresponding Business Partner from BUT000 table.
The Business Partner number corresponding to customer/vendor number can be retrieved using PARTNER_GUID filed as shown above.
Good Information Narendra. Thanks for sharing
The details are informative, Narendra. Thanks for Sharing.
Just use views V_CVI_CUST_LINK and V_CVI_VEND_LINK, then you don’t need to go via the GUID.