Typical Errors in Service Contract Integration with FIN
Table of Contents
When some FIN configuration is missing, or certain errors in FIN related master data, but they still could use our SOAP API to create service contract with released status. It leads service contract following documents like invoice and revenue recognition in trouble.
1. Profit center cannot be derived when you release a service contract.
The system has two sources to derive the profit center:
- Derive from employee responsible.
- Derive from default profit center.
The message is raised when both are missing.
You can configure either the employee responsible or the default profit center to solve this issue by using the following configuration steps to maintain profit center for the employee responsible.
1) How to maintain profit center for employee responsible.
- Go to APP Manage Cost Centers.
- Search for you cost center.
- Maintain profit center field in Organizational Units assignment block.
Remark: It’s probably that the cost center of the employee is missing when your employee information was imported.
2) How to maintain default profit center.
- Go to Configure Your Solution and search for “Document Splitting”
Select Step 3 in the Configuration Steps tab and click the Configure action.
Select default constant “0DFLT” and got to assignment of Profit Centers dialog structure.
- In the table, add a new entry for your controlling area with the profit center.
2. Recognition key cannot be derived for company code xxx/item category xxx/service product xxx when you release a service contract.
The recognition key is missing in the configuration table.
Use the following configuration steps to maintain the missing information.
- Go to Configure Your Solution and search for “Revenue Recognition”
- Select Step 3 in the Configuration Steps tab and click the Configure action.
- In the table, add a new entry for your company code xxx/ item category xxx/ service product xxx.