SAP Tips and Tricks
This blog post covered some SAP GUI shortcuts which you can use on keyboard to avoid more use of mouse and covered few tips.
Prerequisite: SAP GUI should be installed in your system
Audience: SAP Business Users
- Ctrl S : Save the transaction
- Ctrl F : Find
- Ctrl G : Find Next
- F1 : Help
F1 help can provide meaning of any input field.
- F3 : Back from existing screen
- F4 : Open list drop down
To get dropdown list, put the cursor in the input field and press F4. For eg: If you are looking for order type to create a sales order, place the cursor on the order type input field and press F4. A dropdown list will open from which one can select order type as per the requirement.
- F8 : Execute a report or transaction
- Ctrl + : Create new session
IF you are working in a session or executed any report which is taking time to respond and meanwhile you want to work on other transaction; Use keyboard shortcut Ctrl + which will open a new session to work on.
- Ctrl / : To go to the Transaction code command field quickly on SAP screen
- Ctrl ; : Creates SAP shortcut (transaction shortcut can be created on desktop or on launchpad)
- Ctrl Shift P : With this one can save the hard copy of the screen which contain status text and pop-up as well
- Alt F12 : For customizing of local layout
- Ctrl F10 : To display User Menu
- Ctrl F11 : To display SAP Menu
- F4 opens the dropdown so if using for any date field this will opens the calendar, then with F2 one can choose today’s date.
- F4 + F2 = With a combination of these 2 keys, Quickly filling out today’s date in a date field.
- Alt Key : (underline character) : to move to the menu bar
You can see that every menu option in the menu bar has a character which is underlined. So here key denotes that underline character. (For eg: press alt y and get below screen)
To Call a transaction:
- In the same session (window)
Enter: /nxxxx (xxxx = transaction code)
- In an additional session
Enter: /oxxxx (xxxx = transaction code)
To End a transaction, use below transaction in the command line:
/n: to end the current session, /i: to delete the current session, /o: to generate a session list, /nend: To logoff from the system with a confirmation prompt, /nex: To logoff from the system without a confirmation prompt
If a transaction is taking too long to run, you can stop it by clicking on Stop Transaction
Create new session from in-process session
If a transaction is taking too long to run, and you want to open a new session to do work in parallel, click on New GUI Window
Shortcuts in Sales Order Screen:
- F6 : Display customer master
- F2 : Display header / item conditions (if cursor is at line item then with F2 item level will open and if cursor is at any header field then with F2 header level will open)
- F5 : Display document flow
- F7 : Display list of sales orders
- F8 : Display material master
- F9 : Select item row
- F10 : Go to menu bar
While searching, many times we are not sure about the exact number, so SAP has provided wildcard characters to use, like * and +
* Substitute for all possible characters when searching
+ Substitute of single character for effective search.
Store Business Document (Creation Mode)
We all know use of SD_SWU_ACTIVE through which we can see ‘Services for Object’ option in change and display mode of sales order.
But if you want that button to activate in sales order creation mode then it can be done via maintaining SD_GOS_ATTACHMENTS parameter in user profile
These all about SAP tips & tricks. Hope this will be helpful in your day to day operations.