SAP PS User status Functionality
This Blog Post is about the user status function in SAP-PS.
SAP provided standard system status, in order to fulfill business requirements. Whereas, user status function plays a very important role in order to fulfill those requirements, which cannot be mapped through system status.
This blog post is divided into 2 parts (Configuration & Process Flow).
In the below example, I will display, how commitment (PO) can be blocked by using user status function,
Path : SPRO->Project System->Structures->Operative Structures->Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)-> WBS User Status->Create Status Profile
- Create a status profile, as in below scenario TEST001
- Here have created 3 user status INIT, EXEC & CLSD
- Add object type, in our case it is WBSE
- Double click on user status INIT
- Press create button, below screen, will appear
- Here we have opted block PR & PO
- As explored many features are available
- INIT user status PR & PO blocked
- EXEC every transaction allowed.
- CLSD user status PR & PO blocked
- Assign status profile to the Project profile for WBSE, as above.
3. Process Flow
- Create project & WBSE Element
- For WBSE (39-01) user status INIT active
- PO blocked as below
- Now change user status for WBSE (39-01) as “EXEC”
- No error message of user status for PO, as it is allowed for EXEC status & wbse has user status EXEC. Screenshot as below
User status can be used for many purposes, like :
- Tracking the life cycle of the project
- Block business transaction
- Workflow trigger
- Override System status
In the above Blog Post, have tried highlighting a few of them.