Extract and Integrate Data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud using ABAP Pipeline Engine
ABAP Pipeline Engine integration option provides direct communication from SAP S/4HANA cloud -> SAP Data Intelligence to extract and integrate the data. Repository with ABAP operators are pre-delivered by SAP in SAP Data Intelligence. ABAP CDS Reader operator reads and extracts the data using CDS View data extractors. The SAP S/4HANA Cloud Communication Scenario for ABAP Pipeline Engine is SAP_COM_0532 – enables the access to the CDS view extraction via ABAP Pipeline Engine(available with SAP S/4HANA CE 2002).
- Analyse the different activities/steps of a business process
- Example process: Order2Cash
Source System: SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Target: Example scenario is to download the data in csv format from SAP Data Intelligence -> System Management tile. SAP Data Intelligence provides various options to extract and integrate data to other target systems e.g., Other SAP systems and 3rd Party Systems.
Example CDS View Data Extractors:
Process Flow Diagram
Data Flow Diagram
Integration with SAP Data Intelligence via ABAP Pipeline Engine
SAP Data Intelligence example for extracting the data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud using ABAP Pipeline Engine integration option and saving the extracted data in a LOCAL storage.
Step 1: Create a Communication Arrangement using Communication Scenario “SAP_COM_0532” in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Step 2: Create a connection of type “ABAP” and Protocol: “WebSocket RFC”.
Step 3: SAP Data Intelligence Pipeline using ABAP Pipeline Engine operator.
Step 4: Configure the Cloud Data Integration Operator with example CDS view data extractor: C_SALESDOCUMENTSCHEDLINEDEX.
Step 5: Save and execute pipeline.
- Data is extracted from SAP S/4HANA Cloud using ABAP Pipeline Engine option
- File will be created in local storage
- Navigate to System Management from SAP Data Intelligence Launchpad->Files
- Expand folder Files under My workspace to find the created file with extracted data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Click on the icon “Show Actions” to down the load file into the local storage by using the option “Export File”.