IBP2008 Release – Key features
Here is the list of features from IBP2008 release which were quickly adopted by businesses . The businesses who are using IBP for Demand and Supply Planning solution and S&OP reporting. Their quick adoption is one of the main reason why these features are part of my top favorites here.
- Drilldown in dashboard : You can now drilldown in the dashboard directly without having to navigate to the Analytics app.
- The Alert definition and subscription app has been fully redesigned to give the best SAP Fiori experience to the users. Alert definition creation using a wizard that guides the user through the process.
- Create, edit and delete Planning notes in Web Based Planning App : Planners can now create planning notes directly on the planning view by choosing a cell, opening the context menu, and selecting the corresponding option.
- Usability enhancement: Proactive Session Time-out: The system now notifies you when your planning session is about to timeout. If you’re require, you can also prolong your planning session for another 30 minutes.
- Demand Planning – Product Lifecycle Management App :
- Table maintenance supported by excel like view in Product Lifecycle Management App. Mass Maintenance of Product Assignments and Forecast Dates: Create or edit multiple product assignments and forecast dates at the same time.
- Planning Object Check for Product Assignments for any potential issues.
- Ability to use Sales History of reference product even after Phase-In End Date.
- Supply Planning – Location-Product Substitution : Business scenarios supported are: Product discontinuation, Product promotion. This feature enables to satisfy demand for a leading location product with supply of another (substitute) location product, and also vice versa in certain circumstances (mutual substitution).
- Monitor Application Jobs App displays all jobs in a Gannt chart. This graphical visualization will help in job monitoring and identifying job dependencies. This app will be useful in optimizing the job scheduling process.
- Compare Planning Areas App: Quick overview of key differences: PA-Attributes, PlanningLevels and KeyFigures
- New Keyfigue Calculation Functions to calculate Weighted Average(IBP_WEIGHTEDAVG) and Coverage Calculation (IBP_COVERAGE)
- Many more features, usability enhancements and improvements.
- Additional references:
- Here is a link to SAP’s presentation on What’s new in IBP 2008 Release Slides. The presentation has lot of information along with screenshots from IBP.
- Read SAP Help to know more about: What’s New in SAP Integrated Business Planning 2008
Please share your feedback or comment what feature you like the most from IBP 2008 release.