In this blog, I will give a quick introduction to the book that we have put across with the aspects covered in the blog series in detail. Here are the quick links to the blogs in this series to get you started on the journey to doing machine learning with SAP S/4HANA!
- Resources and journey to machine learning with SAP S/4HANA
- Part 1 – Leveraging Predictive Intelligence with SAP S/4HANA
- Part 2 – Architecture and deep-dive of the different approaches around Predictive Intelligence
- Part 3 – Process flow leveraging Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
- Part 4 – Scope and functionality in the context of an end-to-end process leveraging ML
- Part 5 – Activating machine learning functionality for SAP S/4HANA
- Part 6 – Building ML into the digital core of SAP S/4HANA (Embedded ML)
- Part 7 – Enhancing the digital core with ML Services (Side-by-Side ML)
- Part 8 – Extending the digital core by leveraging ML with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Part 9 – ML Extensions to SAP S/4HANA processes
- Blog series – ISLM for machine learning with S/4
A quick re-cap about the blog series – we have discussed the brief background of SAP’s entry into the field of AI, the different approaches of doing machine learning and predictive analytics with SAP S/4HANA, the architecture behind these approaches, the process flow involved, a brief overview about the use cases built across the different LoBs and Industries, an understanding into these various approaches of leveraging ML with SAP S/4HANA.
Having discussed all these at a high level, I want to take the reader into 2 new aspects to complete their understanding and how they can realize the business benefits with SAP S/4HANA. One aspect is about the book which we will talk here and the other aspect is the best practices package scheduled for later in 2021. These new aspects would help augment the reader on how to leverage machine learning with SAP S/4HANA. I will put across a blog series in the Q4 of 2020 introducing the best practices package scheduled for Q1 2021. The book that we are discussing here is scheduled to release on Sep 24th and you can get a copy at the SAP-Press website.
Before we get into the details about the book, let us briefly discuss the motivation behind putting this book. There have been numerous enquiries around the customer and partner community of how to use the tools, technologies and processes involved in SAP S/4HANA in the context of doing Machine Learning. While the blog series, the webinars, the other marketing videos and content can help you understand to some extent, our idea is to give the reader a full depth into this – hence I put across a book along with my colleague Dr. Siar Sarferaz to complete this understanding for the reader. Added to this, we are are sailing through these tough pandemic times and many customers, consultants have started to leverage this time in re-evaluating and upgrading their systems and processes. Hence we put our efforts to address all these needs and this book predominantly targets the end user, the consultant, the project manager, the business user, the data scientist, the application developer etc., to give a complete understanding of how to implement machine learning with SAP S/4HANA.
The topics focused in the book are the following:
- Overview of SAP Intelligent Enterprise – A detailed overview of SAP’s Intelligent Enterprise and the thinking behind how the SAP S/4HANA business processes can benefit with machine learning. We also briefly discuss the various aspects of the SAP Intelligent Enterprise by briefly highlighting the other aspects of robotic process automation, Internet of things, blockchain etc., which complete the introduction to SAP’s AI journey with the Intelligent Enterprise.
- Brief history of SAP’s journey into AI – A blast into the past looking at pre-SAP S/4HANA days and how the seeds of thoughts have been put in for machine learning.
- Approaches of doing Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning with SAP S/4HANA – A detailed chapter focused on the various approaches of doing machine learning and predictive analytics with the different tools, technologies and the methodologies.
- Architecture in the context of ML with SAP S/4HANA – An in-depth exploration of the architecture behind all the different approaches of doing machine learning. This would also give you a peek-into the latest architecture of ISLM technology that is leveraged for doing machine learning across SAP, non-SAP, 3rd party and open-source algorithms.
- Technical Implementation aspects – process flow – A detailed chapter that walks you with examples of doing a technical implementation leveraging the various approaches.
- Business Implementation – A chapter exclusively focused on discussing the released use cases and upcoming ideas across all the different LoBs and Industries. References to the SAP Help Portal and SAP Best Practices Explorer are given while discussing the configuration aspects.
- Services around SAP Cloud Platform – This chapter focuses on a high level overview of all the services that are available with SAP Cloud Platform and how they are leveraged for doing machine learning.
- Roadmap and references – An exclusive concluding chapter which opens up with upcoming roadmap ideas and references for ongoing discussions via blogs, webinars, conferences etc.
Additionally there are a lot more interesting aspects that are covered in the book that could help the reader in understanding the basics around how machine learning is infused into the SAP S/4HANA business processes.
We also have a session scheduled at the Virtual TechEd in December 2020 where myself and Siar would be doing an expert panel session talking about the book and answer any questions around these topics. The session details shall be updated here once the session details are confirmed.
Happy reading, thinking, doing and predicting the future!!