Engineering workbench (CEWB) as an Alternative to CS20
Purpose: The purpose of this blog post is to explain how CEWB (Engineering workbench) can be used as an alternative tool to CS20 in SAP.
What is engineering workbench (CEWB) and its features?
CEWB (Engineering Workbench) is – as its name suggests, a work environment to manage not only multiple BOMs, but also multiple routings in one session, according to selection criteria.
- Integrated processing to maintain BOMs and routings together
- Complex selection criteria in working area by its attributes
- Simultaneous processing where BOM/routings can be processed by different people at the same time
- Execute complex tasks efficiently
SAP provides predefined work areas and we can create our own work Areas to have simplified views as per one’s requirements.
In customizing, Go to Production – > Basic Data – > Engineering Workbench – > Edit Working Areas
CEWB and CS20 has been widely used by many customers to do mass changes of Item data, delete item , Add material etc. relevant data to be updated.
In this blog post, we will go through the scenario where we replace new component with an existing component in required BOM’s in mass.
Assume, we have a new component ‘RM105’ that is going to be replace with a new component with ‘RM110’.This component RM105 is part of say four header BOMs as shown below will be replaced with a new component.
To replace new components in required BOMs, Execute transaction CEWB and select working area as ‘SAP_ITEM – Focus: BOM Item’ 1. Select selection range of date and click on additional data
2.Enter the component to be replaced and click on Load BOMs and task list
4. Select the header materials horizontally and component column vertically and click on change icon
5. Enter the Key date and execute
6. Component column will be enabled to do the changes
7. To execute mass changes, Click on Extras —> Mass change.
When clicked on mass change, a pop-up will be displayed to enter the new component
8. New component will be updated for header materials SFG102 and SFG103.
Save the changes
After Save, new components will be updated in BOMs
Conclusion: With CEWB, we can do the BOM changes in mass and can be used as an alternative tool to CS20.
Thank You, I hope you will like this blog post.
Any feedback or improvements in blog post will be highly appreciated so that it will be helpful to community members