Today I would like to highlight another solution coming from our SAP Consulting Digital Supply Chain, the PM(EAM)- EWM Integration.
SAP EWM warehouse offers benefits to streamline warehouse operation, Increase productivity and accuracy. SAP PM(EAM) automates the process of performing facility repair and maintenance requests of assets. The maintenance PM order-driven warehouse operation is critical for timely availability of spare parts and shortening repair time. The SAP EWM integration with SAP PM(EAM) allows easy adaptation and usage with fast time to value and a low TCO for customers.
Motivation and Scope
- No standard integration available to process the PM order and reservation in EWM system
- Lack of experience in custom EWM-PM integration, and warehouse process design based on PM order management
- Complex PM order management for maintenance for massive assets maintenance (Mining, Oil & Gas, etc.)
- Manage MRO items in EWM managed warehouse
- Pick based on PM Order / Reservation
- Pack/kit the component based for PM order /operation
- Ability to handle the returns from maintenance workshop
- Ability to change, reschedule the PM order
- Ability to leverage handheld RF device/Fiori apps
The main objective of the PM(EAM) – EWM integration is to increase the efficiency, integration and visibility across warehouse execution. This is achieved through the following benefits:
- Improved Integration packaged deployed successfully at multiple customer place
- Flexibility to incorporate the customer specific requirements from PM order for Integration and warehouse operations
- Different options to choose for integration approach (delivery or PMR) based on the type of the customer’s industry (Mining / Oil & Gas /Manufacturing) and process complexity
- Leverage EWM standard warehouse process capability and functionalities for all core process including handheld RF device.
- Optimize the warehouse operation by leveraging the consolidation, cross dock based on PM order
- Process and Industry expertise on PM order and warehouse management
- Integrate PM WO and Reservation with EWM
- Integrate PM WO via EWM Delivery or EWM PMR approach
- WO based outbound process (pick, pack/Kit, stage) and returns process
- Warehouse Reporting based on WO/reservation like recipient, Base start date, unloading point
- EWM in S/4HANA Decentralized or Embedded or EWM 9.x as addon to SAP ERP 6.0 EhP8 or higher
- Standard ERP-EWM connectivity and Outbound process integrated with EWM
Delivery based integration
Generate deliveries report and logs
Delivery creation report
- All previously created deliveries are taken into account and open quantity is calculated
- Option to change quantity and remove selected items
- Monitor report fields
- Quantity: Open (editable), Delivery Created, Requested, Withdrawn
- PM order\Reservation fields
EWM Monitor with PM relevant documents selection fields
EWM Monitor report output with PM relevant documents and fields
PMR based integration
This service has been live since 02/21/2020. However, the Consulting Service will not stop there. New functionalities like free text in inbound and other related Fiori improvement will come in next release. Whereby new customer requirements will be used to build in some further functionality.
When we look into future functionality of EWM we have to mention that PM integration is part of the actual roadmap and it is planned to be release in Q4 2021. For a more detailed look on our next releases please check out the roadmap explorer: https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?q=EWM&range=CURRENT-LAST#;INNO=089E017A62AB1EDA8EF0F1AED61B60E0
If you have more questions regarding this integration topic, please contact:
Pavel Rovenskiy (email@example.com) , Yogesh Patankar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Suraj Tatpalliwar (Suraj.email@example.com), John Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This service is offered as an Add-on to enhance the SAP EWM solution. You can find this Add-on as part of the Consulting Solution “Enhancement service for SAP EWM”, which you can find in our Services and Support catalogue by accessing the following link:
- Services & Support Catalog – Enhancement Services for SAP EWM.
- Or get directly into contact with EWMServices@sap.com
- PM(EAM)-EWM integration One-Pager: https://dam.sap.com/mac/embed/public/pdf/v/zoTjafY.htm
For more information about SAP Extended Warehouse Management, please follow us on social media, our YouTube channel or our community pages:
- SAP EWM Community:https://www.sap.com/community/topics/extended-warehouse-management.html
- SAP Digital Supply Chain Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCELmE2CEAkcwqpBLnuZHufA
- EWM LinkedIn Community:https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1952257/
Well done guys! and especially the Australian SCM Consulting Team in turning this into a reality. Its going to be very useful for Asset Intensive Customers.
This is a good one to cover off!
thank you for this post!
What I personally miss in S/4HANA is any integration between PM Equipment and EWM Resources. Mostly are Resources understood as warehouse equipment, with specific speed, reach etc. What I would expect is:
Is this likely to be planned in near future?
Thanks for the blog. But is this integration is not working for our client in 1909 embedded EWM.
This Integration (PRM based) is not available as out-of-box standard functionality in EWM. It is offered as an add-on SAP EWM consulting solution. You can refer to the link Services & Support Catalog – Enhancement Services for SAP EWM provided on this blog for more information on the EWM enhancement service.
You may also like to refer to the link on the EWM Road map provided on this blog regarding the Plant Maintenance Integration with EWM https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?q=EWM&range=CURRENT-LAST#;INNO=089E017A62AB1EDA8EF0F1AED61B60E0
Do you plan to integrate PS-EWM like PM-EWM in the future. In our case we use PM, CS order and PS network from which reservation are created.
Thanks for your feedback
Please send email to email@example.com we can discuss further.