Interactive Reporting Dashboard for Cloud Platform Integration using SAP Analytics Cloud
SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) is SAP’s strategic enterprise-wide integration middleware hosted on SAP Cloud Platform (SCP).The CPI reporting dashboard is built upon SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) which is a powerful data acquisition application.
The CPI reporting dashboard is shipped as a new business content package template in SAC Content Innovation 17 release.
SAP CPI Customers are actively looking for an intuitive and interactive reporting dashboard for their CPI tenant. This blog post helps you to start the analytics journey in SAC that is specific to CPI line of business (LoB). We assume that the reader is familiar with SAP Analytics Cloud and this blog post does not substitute SAP Analytics Cloud documentation, which can be found here: Help Portal: SAP Analytics Cloud.
The CPI reporting dashboard provides at-a-glance view of relevant key performance indicators of a CPI tenant using the intuitive and interactive widgets.The widgets in the dashboard displays data in a simple metric that helps you visualize the context information with slicing and dicing capabilities. The dashboard has a responive design and can be viewed on mobile devices as well.
Following are the key views of the dashboard:
Message Processing View
Visualize, sort, and track message processing happening on your CPI tenant. Here you can monitor the messages that are being processed by each integration flows and get to know the processed messages over a period. Besides monitoring, you can also get to know the deployment statuses of integration flows.
Deployed Artifact View
- Reports the number of integration artifacts deployed based on the type of integration content.
- Service Endpoints View
- In this view, you can find the service endpoints distributed as per the API protocols.
CPI reporting dashboard has one story and three data models, which is based on the relevant CPI OData APIs.
How to activate the SAP Cloud Platform Integration Reporting Dashboard content in SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Login to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
- From the Main Menu, navigate to Browse > Content Network.
- Select Business Content tile.
- Select the business content package with the name SAP Cloud Platform Integration Reporting Dashboard.
- An overview of the content appears. Go through it and then click Import.
- Click on the notification icon to view the content import progress.
- Once the content is imported successfully, you will be notified.Read the documentation for more details.
- To view all the imported packages, navigate to Browse > Files > Public > SAP_Content folder from the Main Menu.
- For the SAP CPI content, select the SAP_ALL_CPI folder.
- This would list a story and three data models. Please read the documentation for more details on data models.
- Click on the SAP__ALL_GEN_CPIREPORTING_DAQ story. The dashboard is made up of multiple pages with intuitive and interactive widgets. By default, the data displayed in the widgets is from a sample data.Note: Sample data is getting older by each passing day. Due to this, the data from the last 30 days(default days filter) may not be displayed in the Message Processing widgets. Increment the number of days in the Days Filter to get the view as given in the screenshot.
How to connect with your SAP CPI tenant?
- To establish the connection between SAP CPI and SAC tenants. In the Main Menu, choose Connection.
- Select the SAPCPI connection and then click Edit icon. You can connect to CPI OData APIs in SAP Analytics Cloud application either by using OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials (Recommended) or Basic Authentication.
- Configure the connection as described in the documentation.
- Once you change the connection successfully, go to the Schedule Status tab and Refresh the two data models i.e. SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIRUNTIMEARTIFACTS and SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPISERVICEENDPOINTS. This would delete the existing sample data and add new data in the data models.
- Click on the model SAP__ALL_GEN_IM_CPIMESSAGEPROCESSINGLOGS. Change the Import Settings to Clean and replace selected version data, this will delete the existing sample data while importing the new data.This is a one time activity to clean the sample data.
- Refresh the model data.
- Revert the Import Settings to Update. This will update the existing data and add new data in the data model going forward.
- By default, the scheduling frequency is set to None for all the data models. We recommend you to schedule a data import. See Updating and Scheduling Models for more details.
With this you have activated and configured the SAP CPI reporting dashboard on your SAC tenant. You can also use the other published CPI OData APIs to extend the dashboard capabilities as per your requirements.