How to implement actions – Cloud Application Programming Model
To be published soon…
- In this session, we will look at how to implement actions in Cloud Application Programming Model
- In OData specifications, Actions are operations exposed by an OData Service that may have side effects when invoked
- Actions may return data
- You can learn more about Actions in OData in the following blog – https://www.odata.org/blog/actions-in-odata/
- In this example, we have 2 entities: Projects and Users
- There is a 1 to many relationship between Projects and Users. So a Project can have multiple Users, while a User can belong to only 1 Project
- We will look at how we can move a User from one Project to another
- We have also introduced a few hypothetical business requirements that need to be met before a User can be moved from one Project to another
- Also, we will return a custom object as the response
- This video should give you a clear idea on how to implement actions in Cloud Application Programming Model
- If you have any questions or comments, please list them below and I will be happy to answer
Thanks for sharing. I'll take note
Great article, thanks.
Can we pass multiple objects (array) of the custom type as input parameter for the action?
I have implemented action . While testing it from .http I am getting error as 501 Not implemented. Catalog service has no handler for action.