How to consume destinations in SAP Cloud Platform (Cloud Foundry)
To be published soon…
- In this session, we will look at how to consume destinations in SAP Cloud Platform (Cloud Foundry environment)
- SAP is slowly moving away from the proprietary Neo environment towards the more open Cloud Foundry environment
- The destinations in the Cloud Foundry environment can be created both at the sub account level and also at the space level in the form of a service instance
- Consuming destinations is a major part of SAPUI5 applications since this can eliminate the CORS errors in browsers
- In this example, we will consume the destination created at the space level in the form of a service instance
- We will use the yo easy-ui5 template wizard to create our project
- We will look at how to consume a destination locally during the development process
- We will also look at how to consume the destination in Cloud Foundry
- This video should give you a clear idea on how to consume destinations in SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry environment
- In the next video, we will look at how we can get the logged in user in SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry environment
- If you have any questions or comments, please list them below and I will be happy to answer
Thank you for the blog. It would be great if you could also explain the difference between connectivity service and destination service and when to use what. That for me is most confusing.
I created a new video that talks about the Connectivity Service and Destination Service in SAP Cloud Foundry...
Thanks for the nice blog. I am currently working on a migration from the on-premise portal to the cloud portal and I am trying the below scenario.
There are a couple of Portal Components (Abstract Portal Component) which are currently deployed and running on the on-premise portal as a plugin.
I would like to consume the Portal component from the cloud portal. Please let me know how can I go about doing it with a destination?
Poojith M V
Hi Milton Chandradas ,
In your video it looks pretty simple, but still I am getting 404 error while using the destination, kind request to please help me here:
my standalone approuter
my UI controller where I using the destination
after doing all these tasks I get HTTP 404 (strict-origin-when-cross-origin) for url https://workspaces-ws-gpkdc-app1.ap21.trial.applicationstudio.cloud.sap/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials
Please guide further