At Sapphire Now 2017 in Orlando Florida, SAP announced the General Availability of the Cloud Foundry environment on the SAP Cloud Platform. Since then year by year we continuously extended the hyperscaler offering (AWS; Google, Azure) following the customer´s demand and ensuring that SAP Cloud Platform (SAP CP) portfolio is available on a multi-cloud foundation.
This enabled our customers to deploy on a multi-cloud infrastructure. Several materials for SAP CP Application runtime were created (for AWS, Google, Azure and in addition for AWS Brazil) to make sure that we met the customer´s expectations. With that we created a flexible offering but at the same time the customers needed to decide explicitly where to deploy – on which hyperscaler and in which region.
The different variants of SAP CP application runtime caused unnecessary license complexity for our customers, but also for SAP.
With the wide-spread adoption of Cloud Foundry, we now want to simplify the user experience for SAP CP application runtime for building extension and integration solution on SAP Cloud Platform.
I am happy to announce that starting by August, 10-th we are offering a new one SAP Cloud Platform Extension Factory, application runtime that is going to replace the existing SAP CP application runtime materials. Following simplifications are in:
- One Runtime across all hyperscalers and regions
- No decision need for region or hyperscaler, but full flexibility across
- Simplified pricing (for all license models) and billing (in case of Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement – CPEA).
What is the situation for existing customers in the light of the removal of the old offering?
- All services that were bundled in the SAP CP Application Runtime we continue to provide to all SAP Cloud Platform customers by default (for HTML5 you can find here more extended information).
- Valid contracts are not affected by the retirement of the existing offering (both CPEA and subscription)
- Entitlements remain as-is for the entire contract duration
- At time of renewal customers can choose to renew existing license or switch to new license
- An upgrade to the new SAP Cloud Platform Extension Factory, application runtime is possible at any point of time.
For new customers and new contracts only the new SAP Cloud Platform Extension Factory, application runtime will be available.
For more information please have a look at: