SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Enterprise Event Enablement: What’s new with Cloud 2008
In my previous blog I talked about the extension framework using SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service which I used for configuring Enterprise Messaging service in SCP. With S/4HANA Cloud 2008 release this month; we have new Fiori app for Enterprise Event Enablement, so I thought to cover the same in this blog along with automated process of Configuring Enterprise Messaging.
As starting point I referred to very good blog on Configuring Enterprise Messaging manually in SAP S/4HANA Cloud .Let’s have a look at the steps that you need to carry out from Cloud 2008 onwards and, I am covering automated steps for setting up Enterprise Messaging Service with SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
We assume that service Enterprise Messaging has been enabled in your SCP account as prerequisite. Also make a note of the URL which will be used to launch the application later (Go to Application link of Enterprise Messaging Service).Steps listed below need to be performed for configuring Enterprise Messaging service with your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system
- Register SAP S/4HANA Cloud System in SCP Global account: You need to register your S/4HANA Cloud system with SCP system.
- In your Global SCP account; choose Systems Landscape->Systems as shown below
- Click on Register System; it will open screen as shown below
- In Register system; enter name for system you want to register and in type drop down select SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Once we click on Register – it will generate the integration token which you need to configure in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
- In SAP S/4HANA Cloud system use Fiori app “Maintain SAP Cloud Platform Extensions“; open the app and click on New
- Enter the token here and give some description and click on Save button
- You will see the status as Enabled as shown below
- Once its registered in SAP S/4HANA Cloud system; you will also see the status as Registered in SCP system
2. Configure the Entitlements for the SCP
- In your SCP Global account; choose Entitlements -> Subaccount Assignments. Select your subaccount from the drop-down menu and choose Go
- Once you click on Configure Entitlement; click on Add Service Plan and select the services you want to add. Example you need to add Service Plan for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility and Enterprise Messaging .
3. Creation of Service instances:
- Create Service instance of Enterprise Messaging and API ( example Business Partners) for which you want to enable events using SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility service as covered in my previous blog. For creating service instance of Enterprise Messaging; use the json format given here.When you create instance for Enterprise Messaging; in drop down select api-access.
- Also enable Enterprise Messaging Service for your SAP Cloud Platform Sub account by creating Service instance of Enterprise Messaging (Go to your space and then Services->Service Marketplace and choose Enterprise Messaging in Service Marketplace). Choose instance and click on Create instance using sample file listed here.
4. Assign the Roles to access Enterprise Messaging Service:
- Navigate to your subaccount and go to Subscriptions and select Enterprise Messaging
- On the left side; click on the roles to check what all Roles are available for Enterprise Messaging Service
- Go back to your subaccount and go to Security->Role Collections and assign the Required roles to the user.
5. Once the communication arrangement is created automatically from the service instance in SAP S/4HANA Cloud system; then you need to maintain the topic for the channel configured in Communication arrangement.
6. In Cloud 2005; we used to maintain Event topics using Manage Your Solution Fiori app by using below option
Now with Cloud 2008, if you try this option you will get the error
I was wondering what used to work 1 week before has changed now?
So, what’s new with Cloud 2008?
Well you have new Fiori app “Enterprise Event Enablement“ with Cloud 2008 for the same
Open the Enterprise Event Enablement App and click on Go; here it will show the Channel which was given in the Communication arrangement
Here select your channel and the outbound topic bindings for this channel are displayed; example as shown below I have enabled only for Business Partner changes.
Click on Create and use Value Help for Topic in case you want to add any more topics for this channel.
Select the Topic you want to configure and click on Save and go back to Topic list.
New Outbound Topic should be listed for channel.
7. Maintain Queues in Enterprise Messaging: Use the application URL of Enterprise Messaging service to open the same. In Message Clients you will see the Enterprise Messaging Service instance that you created
Click on the Message client; and then create Queue
When you click on Create Queue – it will follow the namespace and will add the Queue name at the end.Now we are done with all the Configurations and our Queue is ready to receive messages.
Now I changed the Business Partner in SAP S/4HANA Cloud system and you can see 2 Messages in my SCP Queue.
Now you can use these Messages to build UI5 application to consume events and build your custom functionality on top of it.
Summary: In this blog post we covered how you can configure Enterprise Messaging Service using automated process and about the new Fiori app for Enterprise Event Enablement with S/4HANA Cloud 2008 release.
Thanks Taranam for sharing this ; good to know that Enterprise Event app has been released with Cloud 2008 . I hope its launched with next On Premise release as well .
Thanks Taranmjit for coming up with this blog.
I will put a reference to your blog so that the readers can get to know the right steps as now S/4HANA 2008 is released.
Hope it is fine with you.
Thanks Pradeep , yeah sure its fine with me .
thanks ... did it.
Taranamjit Kaur Dhindsa Thanks for sharing such informative article. I am just wondering whether we use trail accounts ( SCP Trail account as well as S/4 Hana Cloud Trail account) for this usecase. I have already configured Enterprise Messaging on my SCP Trail Account but i am not able to register S/4 Hana Cloud account with my SCP Trail account.
Could you please guide me how to use it on trail accounts?
Hi Khurram ,
Thanks ; unfortunately trial account set up will not work with the Cloud since you need integration token to register the system .
Thanks Taranam for sharing this ; quite useful
I followed the steps but my Queue is not getting any data . Any idea on how to troubleshoot ?
I had also faced same issue ; I simply reactivated my Communication arrangement ie I went to change mode of Communication arrangement and saved it without any change .
Also you can refer blog https://blogs.sap.com/2020/08/27/enterprise-event-enablement-troubleshooting/
Thanks Taranam ; it worked .
Thanks Taranam for sharing this ; I tried the same in 2008 and was able to have the events getting triggered
Quite helpful ; keep sharing
Thanks Taranam for sharing ; helped in configuring the same in 2008
Unfortunately, I do not find the Enterprise Event Enablement app in my S/4 demo system. Do you know which role I have to grant my user to enable it?
In S4HANA Cloud its part of catalog SAP_CORE_BC_XBE which is assigned to role
Configuration Expert - Business Process Configuration
Hi Taranamjit Kaur Dhindsa ,
I am not able to see either enterprise event enablement or the catalog SAP_CORE_BC_XBE in my S/4 starter system? what could be the reason for it?
I have the necessary roles assigned to me as described by you
Do you have scope item 1NN active ?
Hi Taranamjit Kaur Dhindsa
Even the scope item is not visible in my CBC, searched for Business Event Handling (1NN)
Then you need to raise request to SAP for getting scope item activated first . Only once scope item is active you will be able to use it
Hi Taranamjit Kaur Dhindsa
While creating a registration while copying the integration token ,I am getting an error while saving.
It says HTTP client cannot be created, any idea how to fix this or why this might be happening?
Hi Taranamjit Kaur Dhindsa ,
I have version S/4HANA CLOUD 2202 but cannot found "Enterprise Event Enablement" Fioro app. Any suggestion how to find it/install it?
thanks and regards,