Remember when we thought it was a great idea if top IT and business professionals from across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa converged in a central Heidelberg, Germany building for an educational gathering lasting several days? How about long coffee breaks, where attendees shared tables and exchanged lessons learned and technological recommendations? If today’s health concerns quickly come to mind, the time is right for a virtual makeover. So, how about a virtual SAP ALM Summit experience, free of charge?
Did I have you at “free of charge”?
For best results, try making the reimagined summit into something like your personal virtual business trip. Hopefully you can register and make space on your calendar for October 6-9. If so, see yourself on that first day away from your usual duties and instead at the conference. Picture yourself digitally appearing in the lobby, taking shape first as a blob of pixelated boxes and quickly growing into focus. Picture joining a virtual crowd at 9:27 a.m., ready to enter the theater and experience the first keynote address. Assorted sessions run from 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., CEST.
You can also preview this year’s agenda, which highlights hybrid and cloud solutions.
As a special highlight, the Day 3 keynote features Futurist and Innovation Evangelist Tom Raftery, who will provide inspiring thoughts and insights on digital trends.
That Was Then and the Future is Now
Last year, about 450 attendees registered for the in-person SAP ALM Summit EMEA in Heidelberg, making 2019 the highest attendance to date for professionals looking to optimize application lifecycle management solutions (SAP Solution Manager, SAP Focused Run, and SAP Cloud ALM) for their specific business goals. Since the last summit, beyond the tragic number of COVID-19 cases and related deaths, we’ve seen several business implications. For example:
- Many EMEA countries imposed social restrictions, including quarantines attached to international travel.
- Some countries have since entered phased recovery periods to extend beyond 2020.
- Various companies sought to adapt to remote workforces, taking strides with advancements in video conferencing.
- Face masks, plastic partitions, and strips of warning tape became common sights indoors for socially-distant consumer interactions.
- Sports teams played in empty stadiums and arenas.
- SAP ALM Summit EMEA decided to repackage its content for a digital-only audience in 2020, yet resolved to stay optimistic about resuming in-person summits in the future.
Technology conferences, as a general rule, are ultimately about the future. It was the 1964 World’s Fair in New York that first let attendees test a video telephone called the Picturephone. Now we’ll host an entire summit with technology based on that one innovation.
As for a landmark innovation within ALM, this summit follows the official launch of SAP Cloud ALM in May 2020. Register today and learn more about SAP Cloud ALM, its purpose, and its relationship with the flagship ALM product, SAP Solution Manager. SAP ALM Summit EMEA 2020’s particular focus on hybrid and cloud solutions can help you adapt and succeed in the face of changing business needs of the future.