3 Reasons of using Smart Insights on Live HANA
Here are 3 reasons of adopting Smart Insights in your existing SAP Analytics Cloud dashboards by which your business users will be empowered to drill into information themselves:
- Smart Insights allows viewers to explore data independently without create or edit rights on stories/DiBo.
- Provides dynamic explanations to describe points of interest to users in easily understandable natural language.
- Helps business users understand the data underneath a story including changes over time, calculated measures and key contributors increasing trust.
And the BONUS point – it is available for Live sources starting with Live SAP HANA data!
- From Q3 QRC 2020 release of SAP Analytics Cloud – the feature is available as controlled release and the feature flag on tenants is switched on for specific customers who want to have this feature for their Live HANA data.
- From Q4 QRC 2020 release, the feature will be globally available for all.
If you are new to this feature or have used this before in your dashboards in SAP Analytics Cloud and looking for refresher – here is a video:
And there have been number of recent enhancements that make Smart Insights more useful, more interactive and more available. Find all details here in the blog with examples and demo videos of a sample business use-case.
And there is no extra add-in or cost to this feature so literally anyone in SAP Analytics Cloud can try this feature now.
If you are existing SAP Analytics Cloud customer with Live HANA connection and want to participate in the controlled release, please get in touch with me or comment here in the blog.
And feel free to share your thoughts, questions and use-case as well.