Part 3: Service Plan of SAP API Management in Cloud Foundry Environment
Service Plans of Cloud Foundry Environment enables you to interface with the provided services in Cloud Foundry and create a service instance to get your own unique credentials to connect with the services.
In this blog service plan of API Management capabilities of Integration Suite and their usage are described.
- API Portal Route Service Plan helps you managing the Cloud Foundry applications or micro services by applying policies like Quota, Spike Arrest.This service plan is required if you have a micro service built and deployed on the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Foundry environment and you would like manage it using API Management in such way that even while calling the actual micro service URL ( not the API Proxified URL), Cloud Foundry router will ensure that API Management is invoked first. With this functionality, irrespective of whether the API Proxified URL or the actual micro service URL is called , API Management policies will be always enforced. This functionality is only available for APIs developed & deployed on Cloud Foundry environment.
For more information on Cloud Foundry refer this link.
- API Portal On Premise Connectivity Service Plan helps you to enable principal propagation or user single sign on while connecting to an on-premise target system via SAP Cloud Connector. In case you don’t need user single sign or principal propagation and would like to connect to your on-premise target APIs via Cloud Connector with just Basic Authentication or technical user authentication then this service plan is not required.
- API Portal API Access Service Plan helps you to generate the required client Id and secret to connect to API Management management APIs using OAuth based authentication flows. This plan is required if you would like to access management or platform APIs of API Portal to programmatically import /export API Proxies, create Products , Key Value maps etc. This is useful if the you would like to integrate API Management with a CI/CD process or use the API Management’s client side SDK tool or in case you are migrating from Neo to Cloud Foundry environment using the migration tool. For more details about Neo to Cloud Foundry migration refer this help documentation.
More details on API Portal Platform APIs available in SAP API Business Hub.
- Developer Portal API Access Service Plan helps you to generate the required client Id and secret to connect to API Management management APIs using OAuth based authentication flows. This plan is required if you would like to access the management or platform APIs of Developer portal to programmatically on-board developers, create application etc. This is useful if the you would like to build their own custom developer portal.
More details on Developer portal Portal Platform APIs available in SAP API Business Hub.
Stay tuned, more blogs on API Management in Cloud Foundry environment to come:
- Enable API Management capability
- Connect to on-premise APIs
- Service Plans of API Management ( current blog)
- Manage integration flow from Cloud Integration
To learn more about SAP Cloud Platform API Management, visit us at SAP Community.