The Latest And Greatest: version 3.5 of SAP Advanced SQL Migration is available now!
I am happy and proud to announce the release of the latest version of the SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool: release v.3.5 is available now.
First, as always, if you are a registered user, contact Advanced_SQL_Migration@sap.com to request a copy of the latest release. If you are not a registered user but you are interested in a copy of SAP Advanced SQL Migration , contact Advanced_SQL_Migration@sap.com as well.
The new version v.3.5 contains various great enhancements:
- It is now possible to select Hana 2 SP05 as the target DBMS (note that there are no SQL differences compared with SP04, but choosing SP05 will enforce that the generated SQL code must be executed on SP05).
- Oracle PL/SQL packages and DB2 modules can optionally be converted to Hana User-Defined Libraries, instead of individual procedures and functions.
- Support was added for converting Julian dates from Oracle to Hana (yes, some applications use this).
- Roles, groups and login profiles are optionally converted to the target DBMS (only when ‘extract_offline’ was used).
- It is now possible to use the ‘recursive’ option with ‘convert_file’ and ‘searchreplace’ commands (it was already supported for ‘extract_offline’). Thich is very convenient when you’ve been given a directory tree containing the to-be-converted files, rather than a single file.
- When converting to SAP (Sybase) ASE, Oracle PL/SQL collection operations are now converted.
- New commands have been added: ‘config…nondefault’, ‘config_set’, ‘validate_config’, and ‘set_identifier_case_sensitive’.
- There have been requests for supporting Hana Cloud database as a migration target. Some work has been done for this, but it was decided not to release this as a target DBMS option at this time because there are some Hana Cloud limitations that are not making it possible so far. Please contact Advanced_SQL_Migration@sap.com for further details in case you consider migration to Hana Cloud database.
The User Guide (located in C:\sapdbmtk\docs) contains details about these new features and enhancements (see chapter 16).
With these new features (and many invisible other enhancements), this release of the SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool is significantly more complete than previous versions. Please let us know how you like it!
Other related posts: