News from SAP Activate – SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2008
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2008. This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, prescriptive methodology and apps for configuration, testing and extensibility. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- Updated Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008 available now
- Now live on Best Practices Explorer: enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition
- New enhancements for SAP Activate Methodology Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2008
- New enhancements for SAP Activate Methodology Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition 2008
- New features in Test Automation Tool
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008 Delivery
- SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2008 – Link
- SAP Best Practices for SuccessFactors Embedded Analytics – Link
Other updated content
- SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud – Link
- SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud – Link
- SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning – Link
- SAP Best Practices for SAP SuccessFactors Learning – Link
enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition
The enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition provides a large set of generic business capabilities, pre-configured based on SAP Best Practices content. It is ready for immediate consumption as it is delivered as part of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition. The enterprise management layer is now obtainable on the SAP Best Practices Explorer.
Highlights of SAP Activate Methodology Updates in 2008
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud has been enhanced for 2008 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The key highlights are:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition
- Added a procedure step for opening the posting period prior to the Q-System upgrade to task Maintain Master Data and Transactional Data. The post upgrade automated tests will fail of the posting period is not open. Renamed the task to Maintain Master, Transactional Data and Open Posting Periods.
- Updated the cutoff dates in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and various other tasks. Adding new countries and scope extensions cutoff is reduced to 10 calendar days prior to Q-System quarterly upgrade. Requesting and activating the Q-System cutoff is reduced to 10 calendar daysprior to Q-System quarterly upgrade.
- Added two new links to SAP KBA notes to provide instruction on setting up Service Partner User Management to task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Poral, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities.
- Added references and new accelerators related to the SAP Fiori launchpad Spaces functionality in task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management.
- Added the accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover to task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation to facilitate managing a remote cutover.
- Added the accelerator Remote Fit-to-Standard Playbook to task Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation. This document provides guidance on how to conduct a remote Fit-to-Standard analysis workshop.
For a complete list of improvements, please see the release notes on the S/4HANA Cloud Release blog.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition
- Addition of a new accelerator How to Run a Remote Fit-to-Standard Workshop to Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops. This purpose-built playbook provides guidance on how to run Remote fit-to-standard.
- Creation of a new accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover Playbook to Create Cutover Plan and Documentation. The purpose-built playbook provides guidance on how to plan, setup and run Cutover activities in remote setup.
- Introduction of the Solution Standardization Board to oversee compliance with 5 Golden Rules and approving developments and modifications deviating from these rules. Details about the SSB can be found in Establish Solution Standardization Board and new accelerator Solution Standardization Board.
- Continuous updates to Extensibility Guide for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updates to incorporate Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition. Enterprise Management Layer can be used to accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition. Sample changes include:
- Text and accelerator inclusion to Review Overview Documentation
- Procedural updates and new accelerator in Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Addition of EML content in the fit-to-standard workshops
- Additional content related to initial user access and additional information for the creation of project users. Examples include:
For a complete list of improvements, please see the release notes on the SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition.
Deployment Experience Updates
In 2008, five new automated test scripts for SAP Best Practice processes are delivered. In total, there are now 255 scripts (Detailed list can be found here).
To read about the new features in Test Automation Tool for 2008, please read the blog “SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2008 – What’s new in test automation tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud”
Roadmap Viewer Enhancements
In this release SAP introduced several enhancements to SAP Roadmap Viewer including the “Where used” function, translation of SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition in Japanese. You can learn more about these improvements in separate blog here.