This is with reference to my earlier blog post which is Steps to Activate Electronic Bank Reconciliation Statement – MT940 Format – Part I where I have mentioned about the activation of EBRS.
Now in this blog we will see one of the features of EBRS i.e.Search String.
Search String is a very useful functionality in EBRS process. with this you can directly change or default the some parameters in combination of Company Code,House Bank & Account ID.
Search strings can also be used to substitute fields based on Profit Center, Cost Center, Offsetting Account, etc.
E.g. if in the Bank Statement as below you find every time that Bank is mentioning “Consolidated Charges for A/c” while debiting Bank Charges & in this case you want system should pass the entry automatically by debiting GL Account of Bank charges.
So for configuration Go to SPRO-IMG
- Financial Accounting–Bank Accounting–Business Transactions–Payment Transactions–Electronic Bank Statement–Define Search String for Electronic Bank Statement (T Code – OTPM)
- Search String Definition
- Give the Search string name as per your choice.
- Enter the word “Consolidated Charges for A/c” in Search String as per above example.
- Now give the EB03 in target mapping on the left side to change the Posting rule (Please refer more details about posting rule )
- For simulation enter the text in entry text filed & click on the Test button.
2.Search String Definition
Now click on Search String use to assign this rule for particular House Bank/Account ID.
- Give Co Code/House Bk/Acct ID
- Select external transaction as NCHG (which is defined for bank charges)
- Select Posting value as negative.
- Select Search string name as Consolidated Charges.
- Target field will be Posting Rule.
- Now save the assignment.
So now when you upload the Bank Statement which have above text for Bank charges e.g.Consolidated Charges for A/c. then system will automatically pass the entry by debiting bank charges account & credit to main bank account.
So Conclusion is by this search string you can easily change the posting rule & other Parameters & assign it for a particular Bank Account or Company Code.
I really hope this will be helpful to you.
Please give your feedback/suggestions if any.
Thanks & Regards,
SAP FI Consultant