Discover SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service in SCP
In this Blog I would be covering about basics of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service which I came to know while configuring Enterprise Messaging for Cloud 2005 . SCP Services at least for me is like deep ocean; more you explore it – more you find about it. So, this service is available in Cloud Foundry account and its only for integrations with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Cloud for Customer, SAP Commerce Cloud, and SAP Field Service Management. So you all must be thinking that how this service can help you?
Now you have automated Configurations option using this service: You can automatically create Communication Arrangements in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Destinations in SCP. Isn’t it cool?
This SCP Service is available in Cloud Foundry account as shown below:
Pre-requisite to use this service:
- S/4HANA Cloud system should be registered in SCP
- As SCP admin you must configure Entitlement for Sub account for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service
- Go to SCP Global Account
- Choose Entitlements -> Sub Account Assignments and select the sub account from the drop-down menu and click on Go
- Choose Configure Entitlements and Select the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility as shown below. On the right side select available plans either or both as shown below.
So, we have 2 types of plan as shown below:
api-access: For applications running on SAP Cloud Platform to consume SAP S/4HANA Cloud APIs, we need to create a service instance of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility service using the api-access service plan.
messaging: Enables the Enterprise Eventing Integration (SAP_COM_0092) communication scenario which allows you to consume SAP S/4HANA Cloud events and create event-based extensions.
During the creation of the service instance, a destination on a subaccount level with the same name as the service instance name is automatically created in this subaccount. It contains all instance binding properties which are required to establish connection to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
Let’s quickly look into one example – I need to access Business Partner API in my application; so, I need to have the Communication arrangement created in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Destination created in SCP to use the API. Let’s do this with the help of SAP S/4HANA Extensibility Service
- In SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit, go to your subaccount and navigate to space in which you want to create a service instance
- In navigation area, choose Services -> Service Marketplace and select S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Service on right side of pane. Below screen will show up – that shows the Service Plans that we selected earlier
- On left side select Instances and click on New Instance
- Here select the plan as api-access since you are creating it to access Business Partner API and in system name select the name of your S/4HANA Cloud system (that you used while registering S/4HANA Cloud system)
- In next, either provide the JSON file / give the json format directly. Refer here for sample JSON file for Business partners . Change the system name to your S/4HANA Cloud system name as in drop down selected and provide username and password for basic authentication
- Enter the name of your instance and click on Finish – it will create the service instance.
- After you have created the service instance: The newly created instance appears in the list of instances in the Instance panel and HTTP destination on a subaccount level with the same name as the service instance name is automatically generated in this subaccount.
- And if I check SAP S/4HANA Cloud system Communication arrangement has been created automatically based on our json file given in service instance.
Similarly, you will find the destinations created in SCP CF Sub account. During the creation of the service instance, destination on a subaccount level with the same name as the service instance name is automatically created in the subaccount. It contains all instance binding properties which are required to establish connection to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
Summary: I thought to share with you guys about S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility service so you can also leverage the same while working for extensions in S/4HANA Cloud.
Now for setting up Enterprise Messaging in Cloud 2008 , please refer my blog SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Enterprise Event Enablement: What’s new with Cloud 2008