Central procurement hub is relatively new in SAP world and thus there is a kind of curiousness among many SAP customer, vendors and consultants on how it works and how everything looks like in the system. So, this blog is regarding central requisitions, and aim is to show in detail how it looks like in Central Procurement Hub in S/4HANA.
Create central purchase requisitions:
To start with, central requisitions are created in hub system with the app “Manage purchase requisition centrally” or in connected/backend system with transaction ME51N or with fiori app “Create purchase requisition”.
To create central PR in hub system, go to “Manage purchase requisition centrally” app, then on right had side click on “Create document” and then select “Create purchase requisition”:
After this you will be prompted for selection of the backend system, once selected the right system the app opens “Create purchase requisition advanced” app in background (GUI for HTML) in backend system, which looks like normal ME51N transaction. You can fill in the required details and save the PR.
Once PR is created (whether created via backend system or hub system), the important step to import created PR’s into hub system. This can be done with the app “Schedule import of purchasing documents”:
Once import is finished, the new PR’s are now available in hub system for further processing. We can assign source of supply, create central RFQ in case of missing source and create central PO with reference to this PR. It can be also blocked for further processing in backend system by switching on “Process centrally” option.
Things to know:
There are few things to keep in mind while working with central requisitioning:
- Central PR’s are not created in hub system at table level, they are only created in backend system. Central PR app in hub system just acts as an interface to create PR in backend system. This is the reason they need to be imported in hub system for further processing. Once imported they are stored in cache/staging tables in hub system.
- No master data synchronization between the system is required in central requisitioning except account assignment category and PR document typ.
- Editing possible in both the systems, but they need to be imported again so that changes are reflected in hub system.
- Central PR cannot be created via GUI transactions in hub system.
For troubleshooting, you can use app “Central procurement operations monitor”:
Alternatively, you can use below transactions to find the issues:
- /AIF/ERR – AIF Error Handling
- /IWFND/ERROR_LOG – SAP Gateway error log
- SXMB_MONI – Monitor for Processed XML Messages
Make sure to check these transactions in both hub and connected system.
Configuration documents can be found below:
- SAP help: https://help.sap.com
- SAP best practices explorer: https://rapid.sap.com
- SAP Community: https://solutionportfolio.net.sap/industry/HANAOP/object/6EAE8B27FCC11ED892E92A59D6C3E0CC
I hope this blog helps in basic understanding of working of central requisitioning in the system, prerequisites and troubleshooting.
Everything mentioned in this blog is from my personal experiences and is subject to change.