Along with the delivery of the SAP BusinessObjects BI4.3, we are pleased to announce the official release of the SAP Analytics Cloud Live Data Connect 3.0, which complements the BI4.3 suite, with an important aspect for this release, which is HYBRID.
For those who are new to the SAC Live Data Connect technology, this feature offers some strong advantages, and a lot of interest for the companies who are already using SAP Analytics Cloud along with the SAP BusinessObjects BI suite:
- It allows SAP Analytics Cloud to connect to On Premise Data, exposed through the universes
- It enables a LIVE access towards these data
- The data are never uploaded into the CLOUD or SAP Analytics Cloud: they stay behind your firewall, into your corporate network
- And you can access and re-use, as is, all your existing relational universes of type .UNV and .UNX
For companies willing to start with this solution, the official package can be found into the SAP Market Place.
It is an independent package of the SAP BusinessObjects BI4.3 suite.
Note that this release is not only compatible with the SAP BusinesSObjects BI4.3, but also with the SAP BusinessObjects BI4.2 SP07 and SP08!
In this release 3.0, the most awaited functionalities delivered are:
- the Centralized Configuration: all the setup and configuration aspects of the LiveDataConnect 3.0 are now located into one and single property file;
- the Standalone connectivity for the LiveDataConnect 3.0: customers don’t require anymore a Tomcat to be installed as the LiveDataConnect3.0 package embed everything you need to execute it as a standalone product;
Based on many interactions we had with customers, those items have been raised as the number 1 priorities to facilitate and ease the deployment and configuration.
But, one important innovation is finally not included into this release:
the ability for SAP Analytics Cloud to access and consume the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence data model.
The Web Intelligence data model allows to expose all the data (Dimensions, Measures, Variables), stored in any WebI documents, to SAP Analytics Cloud in order to leverage them with the same advantages than the universe access (see previous paragraph).
Based on early feedback, we have decided to postpone this functionality in order to improve its scope of capabilities and the supportability of the various Web Intelligence objects present into a document.
The functionality “SAP Analytics Cloud to access and consume the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence data model.” is now planned to be made available into the next SAP Analytics Cloud LiveDataConnect 3.1 (Q3 2020), as shown in this product roadmap: